Anon is in Hawaii. I am sure still sleeping after having a lovely evening. He sucks. He will continue to suck until he gets back from lovely Hawaii even though he sent me my own Snuggie, in a beautiful royal blue color, that is supposed to remind me of little brother hugs and love, whenever I am feeling the need. I may live in the damn thing. There was also a very cool reading light included. My whole family has tried to steal my snuggie, but it is polyester and gives them a nasty static electricity shock. And I laugh, and laugh, and take it back. Contrary to the advertisement, it is not so easy to walk around in, cuz its long and completely open in the back. Huddling on the couch though, perfect. Except last night it could have been thicker since it was fucking COLD!
I took a cold shower this morning. Not for any good reason, like having dreams about Nathan Fillion or Gerard Butler. No, because there was NO HOT WATER. Needless to say shampoo hit the hair, soap hit the face and good enough. Then went and got the husband his coffee like I do every morning because I am that kind of amazing wonderful wife (why yes my sides do hurt from laughing, why do you ask?)
I sat said coffee down on his night stand, poked him to wake him up (since he doesn't actually have a job or many responsibilities, he doesn't wake up until some outside force works upon him. Hmmm, I think that is called Physics or something) and said, "I just took a lukewarm shower, light on the warm part. And I am beginning to hate this fucking house." Then stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door. Note: contrary to popular belief I don't actually swear out loud. Usually. Much.
I think I forgot to mention that over the weekend a pipe burst in the basement. Yes, this is the same basement that is attempting to be put back to normal after raw sewage backed up and flooded it 3 weeks ago. Husband thought it was warm enough to attach the hosse to the outside faucet and use it. Guess there was still some remnants of ice in the there somewhere. The sweet boys who are doing the drywall work from the sewage issue said they would just do the the damage from this too. But they cannot fix the pipe. Husband said perhaps he could fix it himself.
So many things to say in response to that last sentence. But I am not gonna.
I sat down on the floor of my closet this morning and bemoaned the fact that I seem to own lots of clothes, none of them fit and I don't like any of them. Then after I wussed out on a safe black pants and brown sweater combo, I cried cause I didn't have quite the right shoes.
Did I mention that I went shopping this weekend, and bought a purse, two sweaters, a pair of shoes, an eyeliner, and a beautiful leather journal? I am sure there was more, but that is what I can remember right now. The clothes and the shoes are spring/summer ish. It flurried yesterday.
I cannot focus on the massive amounts of work tugging at my brain. Lots of little individual things, that I hate, because I have all these other perceived crisis' distracting me to the point where I can think of nothing else, and I just want next week to be here with my week away from work and the husband.



I guess I should try to do something to clear the scary desk in my office. If I do actually fall apart and run away screaming from this place never to return, I really don't want to leave evidence of my incompetence behind. Ooooo, I know, I will go get the shredder and pull it in here...
PS - No worries Jemez. Is just kidding about the shredder. Sort of.
PPS - just got a call from the husband that he can't light the pilot light on the less than a year old water heater. I am soooo running away.


1 comment:
Ugh.
Eat chocolate? In your snuggie? Ooo,ooh! And chant rythmically, "Next week is coming. Next week is coming."
dedent=a cause of death for ants? (no good, I know)
Post a Comment