Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pardon me, but I believe I am going mad...


How exactly does one go about telling your boss that you need a wee bit of time off, because you a falling apart. The weakened mental state, it affects the job, I could make screw ups that will have repercussions 1, 2, 3, 4, years later involving students and their families and whomever else they whine about it too. Oh btw, I need to go someplace quiet and peaceful that doesn't have a husband because he feeds the craziness quotient, and I am an empath and can't just let his shit roll off my back, I must absorb it and make it my own.

Exactly what words do you use with your co-workers to explain that I have this little issue that I need to take care of NOW, but please don't talk about the crazy lady behind her back and point and giggle.

Yes, I understand Kelly is on maternity leave and we are down one person in the office. And if I am not here that leaves 2 people to pick up the slack. And it is really not a good time for this, but then when is a good time? Cuz when Kelly gets back, it will be summer, and contrary to popular belief Summer is the WORST time to try to be gone.

And pardon me, but I don't think I can put my mental breakdown on hold until, say August.

How does one do this without committing career suicide?

And speaking of careers, that is a whole other post. (Told you the thoughts are whirling through fast and furious...)

PS sorry Liz to drag you into this.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

You say you have a medical situation requiring quick attention. "I would really rather not discuss the details and I hope you can respect that. I like my job and I want to keep my job but I have to take care of this issue now."

Word verification . . . wrimper.

Wrimper = the sound Rowan is letting loose on the world. It's a wrimper; a combination of wrath and wimper.

Dibs said...

Laggin -- brava -- very well said!

Rowan -- brava brava -- I'm glad you are taking the time.

Seriously said...

oh well that is just flipping great. My computer decided it hates me, which it does on a regular basis and took my internet away. (Anon says it is because I blog too much. I say ppppbblllltttt!) So I went and attempted to post a response via my phone. I thought I was successful. But apparently I would be WRONG!

something about:
1. tell boss need time
2. tell co-workers I am taking time (oh so sorry for the inconvenience)
3. tell husband - oh yeah that is going to go over real well.
Gee honey, I need to run away, without you, without the kiddos, and i am breaking into the savings account to do it. Yep, that is going to be real fun.

PS - I like wrimper
PS - shit I still have that damn butterfly.

Leslie said...

Want me to tell your husband?

Word verification
"snessids" as in, if I talk to husband I will scare the snessids out of him. :)

Anonymous said...

Sweets, you're not dragging. I love you. I hate to see a friend in pain. Do what you need to do, your job FIRST AND FOREMOST is to take care of YOURSELF. Screw what your office mates think.

If they have issues with you, they are THEIR issues - they own 'em, ya know?

xoxox

Rowan said...

more little twisty quirks...

I live to please. "Love me just love me. When you think of me think amazing." This is in complete contrast to what I REALLY want. I hate trying to keep everyone happy. It is exhausting. But wrapped up into all of this is I HATE to inconvenience anyone. I don't want someone picking up my slack. Someone will also have the opportunity to find out I am not perfect. (HAH!)

So there you have it.

word verification= "toriestf"
Tori's stuff, well that one was obvious.