Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The rest of the story


I will try to make this one quick. Wish me luck.

Some point over the weekend, the husband takes to my mom on the phone. She mentions to him that she is worried about me. REALLY worried about me.

Husband: Well, yeah, me too. I am trying to do whatever I can to help. But I am sure it will all be okay.

He talks to me on the phone Sunday morning. Relates condensed version of the above. Said he told her that it wasn't THAT BAD (as in she didn't need to be that concerned).

I paused. and said, "Yes it is. It is THAT BAD. " He was quiet for a minute and then said something along the lines of well, what can I do to help, followed up by a please don't alienate me.

I know I am really good with the masks and the lies, but how does this man live with me for 12 years, watch me go through all of these doctors appointments all of the science experiments with the meds and NOT KNOW ME AT ALL. I know that I am not that good of an actress (Or am I? Maybe I am totally in the wrong line of work.) Unless I am actively hysterical and rocking in the corner in fetal position, I am not that bad.

What a fucking mess.

Things are going to get so much worse before they get better. Oh please, tell me they will get better. Just go ahead and lie to me.

PS Laggin, he wasn't serious about KC in any way, it was just a momentary wild hair.

3 comments:

Dibs said...

OK, I will. Things will get better.

Question for you (and if I'm being too nosy, just tell me to shut up...)

What outcome was Dr. Maria hoping for with your week of solitude? The reason I ask is that, in my case, being alone with my thoughts for that long would have been really detrimental to me. I'm wondering if it was hard for you, too.

I'm disappointed that your husband took the stick-head-in-sand approach to your health. If you were my daughter, I'd want to smack him upside the head. He sounds kind of self-absorbed to me.

I'm hoping things are better for you soon because you deserve good health and happiness.

Leslie said...

OMG. Take him to Maria!!!! Soon. Please? For me?

This better post.

Seriously said...

Dibs, you are not being too nosy. Pretty sure I am just letting it all hang out here.

I will post with a "so how did last week go" and "the grand reunion of return of the husband"

Laggin I am going to get him into Dr. Maria.

Hey, if you all Twitter, let me know.