Monday, April 21, 2008

Who is not sick?


Let's just say this first: I don't like secrets and I don't like things being kept from me. I would always rather know. Anon tried that, and if I coulda got my hands on him, I would have smacked him upside the head.

It seems like everyone has something...
MJ - well, you know (biopsy on May 12)
JR- Cardiac Ablation, (surgery next Monday)
Mom-tick fever (?WTH? they could even find a tick on her)
Dad-Thyroid Removal (Surgery at end of May)
Me-well what isn't wrong with me, but I had a skin biopsy done on Weds, and go back this Weds for results and to get the stitch out.

Kids feel good though.

We had a really boring weekend. I did laundry and cleaned a little. We moved all the toys into Caitie's room and all the clothes into Kai's room. The bed that was in Cait's room is now down in my hidey-hole room. So that end of the house is now the Children's Suite. They have a playroom and a bedroom. It was so nice to put them to bed last night and not trip over toys on the way. Now if I could do that with my room...

Got to go to the grocery store. WooT! Party time! Read a bit, played on the computer a bit. Made a forum/bulletin board. Taught the kids to play War, so played lots of cards.

MJ dragged around the house all weekend, heaving big dramatic sighes. Made sure I knew how awful he felt. He roasted (baked?) a turkey yesterday though. Thank god he understands my issues with carcases, and cleans up the remains.

I got a summons for jury duty. Yippee skippee! And of course it would start on May 12th, the day MJ is supposed to go to St. Louis for his bone marrow biopsy. (Just in case you didn't know, he can't go by himself, or drive afterwards. He gets some good drugs.) There was an email address on the summons for questions, so I asked if I could postpone it. Amazingly I got a response within 1/2 hour with 2 options (excused for that day, or a week in June). I am stunned, not only did she get back to me right away but didn't tell me tough shit. Wow. I guess I am too used to Los Angeles courts.

That's it. Can't think of anything else.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Anon = JR? If so, holy crap. He's too young.

Tell you parents good luck with all that stuff. Yikes.

I had an odd mole off early this year. Not fun. Mine was fine. This is what we get for our sun-loving youth.

Seriously said...

When the doctor asked if I had had some serious sunburns, I about feel off my chair laughing.

Seriously said...

"fell" off my chair. I wasn't feeling it up, promise.

Anonymous said...

HEY! Watch the violence. Pulling teeth for the last two years and now all of a sudden she thinks she can whack me just because I got to have a little ablation? Sheesh.

mathgeek said...

Aack! An ablation? Anon, I'll keep you in my thoughts. Just keep thinking happy thoughts (of gorgeous twins, preferably well over 18?). And thanks for the link Tonks, I didn't even know what an ablation was before today.

Today I thought I was having a rough day. My boss is leaving, and I cried in his office. Pretty much feeling sorry for myself. But now I am reminded that this too shall pass. Thankfully, and I mean that wholeheartedly, our worst ailment right now is a tooth that has made Tom miserable but in no danger, and my worries about my ever-less-sharp father who is also (hopefully) in no immediate danger.

With ya in spirit, Tonks. Lean on us if you need us, now and always.