
Just as I tell my brother that I post almost everyday - I can't think of anything to bitch, excuse me, blog about.
I was working on a post for the MDS/Flow blog. You know, the one where I have to be nice... yeah, it is hard to write when I am censoring myself. But, oh well, it just supposed to be a way for keeping peoples in the loop.
Funny thing is that when I sent out the email with MJ's message and the blog link, only one person responded. WTF? I can see how I rank. I am not counting the people I email or comment with nearly everyday. No, I am thinking of the people I never talk to anymore. You know the Christmas Card Crowd. Or the people I should be in contact with more frequently, but for one reason or another aren't.
Hey, lookee here, I found something to bitch about.


4 comments:
If I were you, I would take such non-response, VERY personally. However, as a person on the outside, I can recommend that you don't take it personally. They don't know what the heck to say to you.
I would guess that every single one of them is horrified by what you are living through. I know I literally thank God every single day that your life is not mine. And then I ask him to make Mark better and help you find strength to bear what you must.
Until you've had someone close to you be really, really sick, it's hard to realize how to communicate with sick people or the loved ones of sick people.
I know that you're still just a person who needs your friends. But you're also a reminder of mortality and how very scarey life can be. We all look at our husbands and kids and think, "OMG. How could I do that? How could I bear what Terri is living through?" And then we back off into our corners and try to forget that it could just as easily be us.
I know. I ignored you for two and half years because you scared me. But I LUFF you too much to stay in that corner.
Want me to go beat up some inconsiderate folks for you?
*Hugs*
The thing is, I read your blog every day. I feel the pain and frustration you are going through, I sympathize with you, I think encouraging thoughts and I tell you I love you and want to be there for you. But you don't hear any of those things, because I have difficulty actually sending them. Even though I just saw you not long ago, it is incredibly hard for me to communicate about this beast you are facing. I start thinking how inadequate my words are, but WAIT! This is not about me and my inadequacies, this is about you and your reaching out and it's time for me to reach right back. I'm sharing all of this in a comment because I think laggin has it right, but laggin is there for you...so I'm verifying those guesses...I'm saying it from the perspective of one of the silent ones. I shall try my best to be silent no more. I love you!
And laggin, please don't beat me up. I know you know where I live.
Oh hell, mathgeek, you KNOW I wasn't talking about you.
I wasn't aiming it to you geeky either. I KNOW you are there. You just happen to be almost as bad me at communicating. :D
I love you and appreciate you overcoming your whatevers to post a comment.
Post a Comment