Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My mom is so Awesome!


Have I mentioned that?

I sent her an email yesterday asking her how much she would be able to help during the procedure and next 100 days following. I know if I asked her to specifically do something, she would say yes whether she was comfortable with it or not. So I tried to get her to tell me what she was able to do.

Dear Mom,
Something to think about. While we are considering doing M’s procedure in St. Louis, we are trying to figure out what exactly we are going to do logistically. Who is going to be where and when… What do you think you can realistically do time wise? I am debating about trying to work a couple of days a week after a few weeks. But that would mean coming back here. They won’t let me work from “home”. I don’t know what you are comfortable with and how long you are willing to be away from home: a few days, weeks, months, years at a time? I am guessing no on a few years. How much driving between Columbia, Branson and St. Louis would you want to do. Would you rather babysit M or the kids? There are lots of things I have thought of, but none that sound convenient for anyone.

M is supposed to go to St. Louis on Friday to meet with the doctors and see the facility. Seattle is still arguing with my insurance company, trying to get him to be able to come out there, but it doesn’t look positive.

I can’t wait until this is over. It will be over someday, right? Probably just different problem, different day.

Love, T
-------------

Dear T,
We're or I'm (whoever of us can at the time or both), it may be easier to leave the kids once they are adjusted or maybe they could use a break too. I would love (he may have to learn how play Scrabble :) to be with M, no problem with that. I was thinking we could come get the kids occasionaly also and bring them here, give everyone a break. I do not have any plans to work around and if I do have something come up...well, we will work around it. So, I guess weeks at a time with some break (few days) in between. Yes, baby cakes, it will be over at some time and you will have your life back. Try to take one day at a time and I hope you will keep communicating with me. I miss that so much, can't believe how much time we let pass between conversations. Can you actually take a FML (FMLA) and go back for short periods, never heard of that, make sure it won't effect or affect you insurance etc. You can depend on us for whatever we can do!!
Love, Mom


I so love her! She is the bestest mom ever!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

She is super, fantabuloso, wonderifico! Tell her I said so. And remember . . . you can call on US too!

Seriously said...

I know and I love you for it!!! You are definitely on my list of "I can count on..."

mathgeek said...

I'm trying this again, so far unsuccessful...even though I go for long periods unheard from, please put me on your list of those you can call on!

I miss my mom.