
Is it wednesday already? I is so confused. (yes, I use bad grammar here. but it is on purpose ya know?) I tried to watch The Bachelorette last night because it was supposed to be monday. As long as I don't forget tomorrow is Thursday and miss the 2-hr Lost season finale.
If someone is interested in perusing my insanity, send me their email addy and I will invite them.
I am pulling all my inventory out of Second Life and not paying my lease on my land for June. Tonight I will delete my house. Tata addiction to Second Life. I imagine I will be deleting Cierra's blog as well since I really don't have anything to say. It is possible the YOU are responsible for lessening my need to get lost there cuz RL sucks so bad. You have provided me with an alternate distraction and made the life not suck so much. (I meant that much better than it sounded.)
I had the most awesome weekend ever. Or at least it ties with the girls weekend in Rochport. It was so wonderful to get together and play. And it felt very good that I could just slip right back into comfortablness (?)friends with the husbands. Ah, the good ol' days, i miss them.
The final score of the grad checks that they left me (Co-worker chicas have been wandering in and out of my office releaving me of my work load. I think the just want to get me back onto my other project. I don't blame them.) Oh yeah, the final score: Graduating 15 vs. Not Graduating 5. Woo Hoo! Way to go Science and Math! Language Arts bites the big one. Yep, I only ended up with 20 out of 225 on my desk. Not bad.
Hmmm... what else?
I am getting antsy waiting for my mom to call about my dad's angiogram he is having this morning. I have my cell phone and my office phone turned up. Dad called my last night to let me know he was doing this today. After giving him lots of shit (cuz I do that), I said bye and love you. Dad and I don't exchange sappy words of affection often if ever. His response to "love you"? "I... uhh... yeah, same to you." I feel so warm and fuzzy inside. (Sarcasm! totally. I thought it was funny that I threw him.)
Type faster, faster, lunch is almost over.
Oh yeah, the car conversation I didn't tell you about yesterday.
At some point during the weekend, MJ looked around while we were driving through the neighborhoods and asked, "What do you think these houses cost?" A usual quire so I didn't think much of it. But just as we left KC city limits... he says,""I want to throw something out there. Just to bring it up, but I am not saying anything. Or want you to get your hopes up." okay I am all a-quiver. Give it to me. He says, "Since I finished my masters and don't intend to do my PhD... I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of moving to KC." "If," he says in a rush, "we could buy a house for less than we could sell our house for because we really can't afford a mortgage and you could get a job and i could find a parttime job..." and more which kind of got lost in the 'wait...what?' of my thoughts. "That is if you want to do something like that... in the future... not right now..."
Can I just say OH MY GAWD!
That is all. kkthxbai <3<3
PS. I just came back from the bathroom and MJ was sitting in my chair. ACK! In front of my computer... where this was still open. ACK ACK! No worries, he didn't get around to snooping. Whew!
Oh, oh, oh, I forgot! We are getting Wii! MJ and I have absolutely nothing in common hobby-ish things-wise. So this is something that can do together. But he won't let me just order it, he wants to find it cheaper. So he is going to haunt Best Buy until they get one. I hope so anyway. I ordered him the Guitar Hero thingy for Father's Day.
PPS. Mom just called. Dad's whatchamacallit, heart doohicky went just fine. He has a heart, and it beats. Yay!! So he has approval to schedule the Thyroid removal.
Okay, I really am done now.
I think...


10 comments:
Well, you are cerifiable. And not just because you ignore your brother's emails. He doesn't mind. He just sits there. Staring at the computer. Waiting for the "Ding". Sitting. Waiting. Drooling. Sitting. Waiting. Rubbing tired eyes. Sitting ...
Well DUH! Certifiable, sheesh...
'kay, um... crap.
I totally forgot to tell you that MJ asked me about housing prices in KC!!!!! (I'm a raging idiot these days. Can't keep anything together.) I told him about our neighborhood's prices. He said, "That's not too bad." He also said that he liked what he had seen of KC (this was Sunday morning) and said, "Looking forward to you showing us more!"
Keep begging MJ. You MUST come.
There is another plus. Then Anon will visit KC and I will get to see him again and I will introduce him to my Ty Guy and then Anon will fall in love, move here . . . or California . . . whatever.
Sorry, I couldn't comment earlier. Our computers are jacked up and I couldn't get through your "wall".
Oh, I forgot. I'm glad you're leaving SL. I get the sadness and the suckiness and the need for oblivion. But I'm glad to see you leave them behind. That kinda made ME sad. And this is a GOOD sign that you're happy, err . . . happier!
Oh, one more thing. You'll crack up at this because Brian and I did. My girls thought you were a really strict mom. They seemed surprised that we had a fun/wild life together. I thought . . . she's not a strict mom . . . she's just a normal mom trying to make sure her kids grow up to be good people and she's trying not to let them drive others crazy when they are guests. Funny how my kids don't remember I did the exact same things to them! (Aka, no running in the house, no playing with balls in the house, etc.)
Now you'll be BETTER than me at the mom thing if you can teach yours that no PDA rule. Sigh.
wait, who's Ty Guy? Who am I falling in love with? Why am I NEVER consulted about these things?
Oh goody, 2 pieces of good news. I am SOOO glad you are quitting SL, not holding back here. I could not get it out of my mind for weeks after our girls weekend, and it saddened me greatly. I know, I shouldn't knock something I haven't tried, but I can't help it. And I am so excited about your conversation with MJ. I haven't done the research, but I bet our neighborhood is even more "not-too-bad" than L's. :) Oh I take that back, 2 pieces of good news AND a funny. Rowan is a strict mom! Ha!
BWAHHH! Strict mom! lol, that is so funny! *wiping my eyes* tell them it is actually paranoia that something will get broken, possibly themselves.
Not to stop in the way of the mom brigade, but since you did put it out there, I have a wondering thought: given the exploding cost of college education, might it be better to save the trust for then? Or are the public schools really that unbelievably bad out there? It just seems to be a patch on a longer range problem.
Signed,
Annoyingly without kids of my own and still giving advice
Well now that would be the big debate. MJ wants to use their trust for anything educational, including the gas to drive to the zoo. I don't want to touch it. We do use it to pay for Montessori, which they will be attending one more year (we were going for consistency in these troubled times), then it "should" be off to public schools for them.
The good news, if I didn't already share, is that their trusts are under MY control not his (just in case), so I have to approve everything since he cannot write checks from that account. HAH!
I have been told that the public schools here are pretty good, and the one that they would go to is very good. MJ just hates the whole public school system nationwide.
Public schools here are GREAT (says lady on their charitable foundation).
Ty Guy is my hairdresser. And I don't really think you'll fall in love. But you'd get a fab cut and color!
MathGeek's neighborhood is "closer in", so that might offset the size in our subdivision. There are variations everywhere. I'd just watch which school district you were getting in and then also look at the specific feeder schoools.
Post a Comment