
This is a meme, get to know your friends type of thing. Except you get to decide the information to give out. I have seen answers that are short, basic and boring, long and involved, and just plain odd. The question is do we share the weird things that may be entertaining or not? Maybe I will work a few in. That is what makes me, me, ya know?
8 random facts... don't hold 'em against me ;)
Okay, Here are the rules:
(1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
(2) If you read this you are tagged and need to write a post on your own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
(3) If you do not have a blog you are not off the hook. Your reply goes in the comments
(4) You MUST play along. Yes, I mean you!
1. I seriously wish I could do magic. I love Harry Potter. Not the actor or the character. The whole world. I own more books about the series than are actually in the series. I have a poster from Order of the Phoenix in my office. My students love it; my colleagues think I’m weird.
2. I am really weird about food. I don't like it a whole lot. My 3 favorite food groups are dairy, sugar, and salt.
I like ice cream (just vanilla), guacamole , ice cream, yogart, chips, ice cream, crackers, BLTs, ummm, ice cream, and steak (rib eye please). Don't put sauce on my meat. Just cook it please. But, I can't stand animal carcass (carcase?). My food comes from the store with no recognizable bones, wrapped in plastic. Someone else has to throw away the turkey carcass before I will go in the kitchen after Thanksgiving dinner.
I HATE seafood! Of any variety, if it lived in the ocean, it has a flavor, and I don't like it.
I don't like vegetables. Not "what about...?", I don't like 'em. I will eat salad (generic iceburg or ceasar), corn, and raw carrots and celery. (To me vegetables are tomatoes, avocado, potatoes, corn and salad)
I do not like nuts or anything nut-flavored in my food (no Snickers, no Rocky Road, no peanut butter and jelly). I do however like peanuts (salted or honey roasted), cashews (same), and sunflower seeds. Just don't put them in my food.
Oh yeah, I like Blue Bunny Premium vanilla ice cream.
3. I am odd. I know! Who woulda thunk it? I have realized that there is a name for my weirdness. Demand-resistance: Demand-Resistance is defined as a chronic and automatic negative inner response to the perception of pressure, expectations, or demands (from within or without)(Mallinger and De Wyze, 1992). As a form of self-sabotage, this (usually unconscious) resistance takes a heavy toll on our homes, our lives, our work, our relationships. We frequently feel frustrated by and angry at ourselves and our situations. We're helpless, it's hopeless: and we don't know how to change. I will be blogging more about this later.
Leads to -> I avoid new people, new places, new situations, change, talking in front of groups, change...
4. I hate to talk on the phone. Obviously I have no problem communicating with the computer. But I seriously hate talking on the phone. I don't call people and usually won't answer it.
5. I obsess.
6. I am a klutz. I fall down. I have tried to do just about every sport there is. It doesn't work too well. I fall down, or throw like a girl or whatever. I get frustrated and mad, so I would rather not. Except snow skiing. For some reason I can do that. Don't get to, but I can.
7. Repetitive patterns drive me batty. Visual things like stripes, auditory things like the car dinging cause you left the frickn’ door open. White noise bugs the piss out of me. However, I cannot have complete silence because my ears ring. All the time and loudly. Yep, that is a repetitive pattern that makes me nuts.
8. I babble. Duh right? I can't be concise unless I am in a rush. So I apologize for this being so long. And I had to work really hard to keep it this short, lol.
---------------
I left of the boring stuff about loving LOLcats, crying whenever anyone wins or accomplishes anything, being lazy, being able to pick stuff up with my feet, and my irrational fear of knives.
--------------
Your turn :D


7 comments:
arrgh. i knew most of that. you didn't tell the weirdest food thing . . . you don't like pasta but you LOVE bread. huh?
That's weird? Huh. Okay, put that in there.
You can't possibly know me that well. All of it? Hmmm... there has to be something you don't know about me.
*kisses*
Ok wait. I didn't know about the repetitive pattern thing.
But remember, I am still the person who remembers that in 1989 your favorite snack food was Nacho Cheese Doritos.
I like reading them, I just don't much like writing them. Today's top 8 (tomorrow could be different, except that #1 will always be #1, even if I haven't been in a storm for months).
1. I am pretty much convinced of how my life will end...lightning. I was just reminded of this somewhat paralyzing fear last Thurs night as I drove home around 9pm in the midst of it.
2. Margaritas, on the rocks, with salt. Mmmm.
3. I am lazy. I would love to have a beautiful garden, I even picture it in mind, but I never am willing to put the sweat into it. I would love to be an FSA, but having trouble putting the study time in. Would love to...you get the picture.
4. I cry at the drop of a hat. TV commercials, books, movies, roadkill, bosses leaving, ... I really don't like this about myself, but it seems to be out of my control.
5. I cannot stand hearing other people chew/smack/etc. Any mouth sounds drive me absolultely batty. Must have iPod at work for Gum Snapper and Potato Chip Cruncher (two different people, daily issue).
6. I wish I were more proactive about environmental issues. I think about it a lot. Trying to take baby steps in my own life first.
7. My legs are usually hairier than velo-dude's. See #3.
8. I have no real eating hang-ups, but I do have food smell issues. Goind out to lunch can be problematic if I can smell the restaurant on my clothes/skin/hair afterwards at the office. And usually I can.
Mathgeek, I am with you on most of those. They always did have better legs, better tan, and a closer shave than any of us. I do hate smelling food after I am done eating, so I totally sympathize with that one!
You guys have me laughing.
yeah @ laggin! Mischief managed. :D
Post a Comment