
Tiny bit o background. Here we have 2 evaluations, performance and merit. Performance is for how well you do your tasks. Merit tells HOW you do it. So someone that does everything perfect, but has zero people skills and isn't dependable to just be there, etc... may get a good performance review but a lousy merit evaluation.
So I go through work as always, paranoid that they are going to find out I am a big old fraud and don't really deserve to be here. Or that my boss is spying on me and I am going to be in trouble for being 5 -15 minutes late many days, or that I need frequent brain breaks - and she is going to be "very disappointed" and it will go on my permanent record and I will get fired. (Yeah, I had a boss like this, and cementing these fears really didn't help a whole lot.)
What was I saying?
Oh yeah, sorry, way too much background.
A month-ish ago I had my performance eval, and was say equivalent to an A-. There were a couple of things that I did well, but not REALLY well. Like being comfortable talking in front of groups. So that is task based.
Today, this morning, I had my merit review. HOW I do my job and my value. Are you ready? A+!!! There were 10-15 things on the list and you are scored 1-3. 3s on everything. She loves me! OMG, she really LOVES me. (Do I sound like Sally Field?) Said she would trade me for anything and loves working, and interacting, with me. Can I tell you what a boost that was? I am sitting in my chair doing a little happy dance.
She gave me a big hug at the end, before I left her office. I am in SUCH a good mood right now. All is right with the world. Nobody better screw this up! Maybe I should close my office door and turn the phone off, and just wallow in it for a bit.


4 comments:
Wallow away! You deserve it, no doubt.
Wait, do you wallow in happiness? I think you splash around in it.
HUGS!!!!
Only tara fyed can wallow in it. Had to chuckle at that one. Nice job tf, I knew you were good at it.
I want to make it perfectly clear. I was the one who collected comic books and read fantasy and sci-fi novels. Always have always will. I was there first. There. It's been said.
oh crap. wrong blog spot. shoot!
Post a Comment