
I got to see Twilight again Saturday morning. I now officially LOVE it! I think I could happily see if again and again and again. I was trying to equate it to some other movie. It's not Valley Girl love. It really doesn't the quotability. "Man, he's like tripendicular, ya know? " Titanic I saw 3 times in the theaters. But it is not Titanic either.
I don't know how to explain it. But I sat there with a big grin on my face through the whole thing. And the things that annoyed me in the first time. Not annoyance anymore, just filed under vampire genre cheese. (Okay, except the running and tree climbing. That still looks stupid.) Sigh...
So the Soundtrack... I don't think I give anything away... but I make no promises.
It is probably just me, but I get annoyed when I really love a soundtrack but I can't figure out where the songs are used in a movie. I knew from the snippets that I had heard that I would like the music from Twilight, so I downloaded it before I saw the movie. I have now seen the movie twice and I still can't remember where the songs were used.
I did a little research and think I have it figured out. (okay, so other people figured it out and I just am copying their work.) But someone else out there may find this helpful, so here you go.
- Bella's Lullaby (Carter Burwell) - in the forest, Edward playing piano for Bella, a few other places
- *Clair de Lune (Claude DeBussy) - In Edward's room
- Decode (Paramore) - end credits
- Eyes on Fire (Blue Foundation) - Bella reading in the parking lot (not 100%)
- Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Iron & Wine) - Prom, outside dance
- Full Moon (The Black Ghosts) - Beginning, leaving Phoenix
- Go All the Way (Into the Twilight) (Perry Farell) - Prom, dance
- I Caught Myself (Paramore) - Dress shopping in Port Angeles
- *La Traviata (Verdi) - going home to meet the family for the first time
- Leave Out All the Rest (Linkin Park) - end credits
- *Let Me Sign (Rob Pattinson) - devenomizing (?)
- Never Think (Rob Pattinson) - In the restaurant in Port Angeles
- Spotlight (Mutemath) - In the parking lot, Edward in sunglasses
- Supermassive Blackhole (Muse) - baseball game
- Tremble for My Beloved (Collective Soul) - Edward parked at the curb outside Bella's house
*bonus if bought through iTunes
3 notes regarding the movie:
1. There is a score for the movie that (except for Bella's Lullaby) is not on the soundtrack. It is being released soon.
2. if you are one of those who likes to run out the second the credits start, don't. there are a few snippets that are worth the wait and they also match up the actor's name with their character picture, in case you didn't already know who was who
3. it is much better the second+ time. the few things that bothered me the first time, didn't this time. I barely noticed them. I nearly cried this time (at the end, solo dance at prom), next time I will need kleenex. yes, there will be a next time. I can tell, I will happily be able to see this movie again and again and again, no matter whether it is great cinema or not.


3 comments:
Oh, you need help missy. It's such a silly ponderous tween flick. You're not a tween are you. Then again, maybe in your heart you are. In which case, go after-school-special vampire movie, go! ;)
After everything I came up with yesterday - your choice is to make fun of something that makes me happy. You suck! and not in a good vampire way.
Sigh...
This from the girl who teased me about my Dungeons and Dragons books. Hee-hee. ;)
Post a Comment