Friday, December 5, 2008

Bragging

This came in the form of an email today from the grandparent of classmate of my daughter's. They are first-grade at a Montessori school. (The boy is in kindergarten.)

I have been up several times to do "something" with the kids and your little "C" is such a sweetheart. I love working with her. I don't see much of "D" as he is with the other group, but he really seems to be doing well in that environment.

I love the way they handle the discipline - it is almost impossible to get in trouble there! If you do something wrong, you simply suffer the logical consequences. I'll have to relate a little incident for you that happened while I was there working with the older kids on bead weaving. "D" came through the door from the kitchen and slipped somehow - as he went down, his hand caught a plate full of little pony beads and they went everywhere. The teachers barely looked up and didn't respond at all. "D" just picked himself up, didn't even look around to see if anyone was mad at him, said "sorry" to the kid with the beads and started helping pick them up. And several others pitched in to help as well. I am so impressed with the atmosphere there - it never ceases to amaze me!


I love my babies!!!

P.S. The husband originally got this email in a "thanks for helping out" note. He sent it to me, then called me to ask me if he should read the whole thing, because he doesn't have time for that kind of thing. I am going to keep my comments regarding that to myself.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You should love your kids. They are wonderful kiddos. And MJ--as a former teacher--should read the damn note. But then, YOU know that!