Monday, December 8, 2008

Cute, cute

Seriously!

OMG - I have missed you! and there are 3 posts in draft. I just have so much to share.

My boss has been sucked into the Twilight Saga. She is a wonderful person. Her son, 15, read all the books and daughter, 13, read the first. She took them to the movie opening weekend. She loved the movie and decided to read the books. When she started book 2, her daughter was still reading it so they were tusseling over it.

I told her I would bring my copy so they would not have to fight. The next day (last Thursday) I was sick and brought it in Friday. She had already finished it. This morning, I stuck my head in and asked how far she was in book 3, or had she started book 4 already?

She turned red, and said --

BossWoman: I finished book 3 at 1:30 this morning.

She shushed me and swore me to secrecy that I not tell anyone in the office why she looks so tired. I am totally ROFLMAO!

Me: Did you bring Book 4 to read during lunch?

BW: No, because I wouldn't stop. And my husband is out of town this week and my children need to be feed and clothed.

Me: They are teenagers, they can feed and cloth themselves. (I am nothing if not an enabler)

BW: If husband was not out of town I wouldn't have finished book 3 last night. He would have complained about the light.

Me: Well, there you go. It's all his fault you are tired.

It is ALWAYS their fault. I will take her caffeine this afternoon.

1 comment:

mathgeek said...

I want your boss.

Er, I mean, I want your boss to be my boss. You know.