Monday, December 29, 2008

New Furbabies

Disclaimer for Laggin: You may be grossed out. Proceed with caution, or not at all. Love you!

I know I am a terrible mommy/owner person. I should have had these out earlier, but with the craziness of Christmas, I just couldn't find time for a photoshoot.

We have 2 little girls, born on 10/21/08, so they are a little over 2 months old. They are "siamese", like the markings of a siamese cat. Cream body with fawn colored points. Luckily they are not identical so we are able to tell them apart pretty easily. Alice is a little bigger and has black eyes. Lucy is littler and has ruby eyes. Her eyes are a deeper red than the traditional pink/red eyes of a white lab rat. Alice is definitely dominant. She beats up on Lucy constantly. Lucy is a little more nervous between the two. But if I had a big rat jumping me several times a day, I would be more nervous too. We are trying a little behavior modification via the spritz bottle when they fight.

They both are very sweet. Social and snuggly. The girl child is getting used to them, actually their nails (prickly), the boy child has no interest. No biting at all. The rats, I mean, not the boy child. Well, he doesn't bite either. They gives kisses, and let me nuzzle without a flinch.

This is Alice.

The Girl Child calling someone out to play...

I got the biggest frickin' cage. I didn't mean to buy a hugoid cage. I measured and everything. The company had like 10 different cages. This is like #4 in size, including the travel cages. Oh well, they have lots of room to run and play. I made a hammock (you can see it at the top of the open door) that they love to sleep in. And on the top floor is a topless kleenex box that seems to be the food storage area and napping location.


Alice. Her nose isn't dirty it is the way she is marked. The base of her tail is also fawn colored.

This is Lucy. The Girl Child is almost 7, to give you a reference as to how big she is. I think about 5-6 inches without her tail.


Lucy's eyes do not really glow like this. It is red-eye camera flash to the extreme.


Alice.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Actually this didn't gross me out because I couldn't see their tails. It's when I see their tails that I get all freaked.

Leslie said...

And OMG, Cake Wrecks is for you today: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/12/why-you-dont-raid-other-peoples.html

Seriously said...

Comment # 1 - LOL, I thought about that as I was putting up the pictures. No tails in most of them.

Comment # 2 - EWWWWWWW! That is the grossest thing. I only like cute cuddly pet ratties. Wild, blechy are not allowed. I would freak!

Xan said...

so cuuuute! i've never seen rats with those markings before. i just want to squeeze and snuggle them!

Anonymous said...

Love them, they are so cute!

Dibs said...

Congratulations on the new members of the family. To be honest, I'm not much of a rodent person, but these two are just too cute!

Enjoy the cuddles.