Friday, October 31, 2008

Speech-Thingies, continued

First, let me just say - I don't think Siskbert likes us anymore.

Second - Sometimes I hate small cities and their stupid TV stations. Ours is connected to the University J-School, so sometimes they get extra boneheaded. Last night I was flipping through the channels to see if there was anything about Obama in town. I hit the end of a news broadcast on one of the local HD channels. As they ended the news, they went back to the speech. For 4 minutes, and then they switched to "Friends". Now I love "Friends" as much as the next person, but they couldn't let the speech inter-whatever that word is? It wasn't on any other station. It is not like it is football, it didn't need a blackout.

I thought that was just idiotic. And more inconvenient than upsetting. My little politic-discussing student yesterday pointed out that the speech would be up on YouTube today. Right now this is the best I have got, although I am sure something else will be posted later. The students are all still in bed. Including the one who should be sitting in my office right now.

*Update Note-Entire video here, but I have heard that it is the same speech as he has been giving (which duh! makes sense), so you may have heard it already.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm crying over Sisk. He is a mean, mean boy.

Seriously said...

Him, I is gonna disinherit soon. (BTW chico, you want Christmas at Mom's or mine?)

mathgeek said...

If Siskbert doesn't respond to the Christmas question, maybe he has already disinherited you? I miss him. AND, since I actually touched my blog, is he hiding because he is the last holdout?

Seriously said...

sigh.....