Except for the shopping excursion to buy the children new clothes. Now that they have had to start wearing pants again, I realized that my children looked like a couple little nerds in their floods. Penny's had a buy one, get one for 88 cents on kids clothes. So I bent absolutely bananas and bought as much as I could absolutely carry. Let's put in this way. I saved about $250.
Apparently my children appear bigger than they really are. All the pants I bought them are 3 inches too long. Why is it that a girls size 7 is 2" longer than a girls 6x? I tried to roll them up, but no dice. I thought buying the next size up for the boy was a smart thing. Now I gotta go exchange 10 pairs of pants.
And that is why I had a headache all weekend. (Why it still had to plague my at 4 this morning I have no idea. Oh yes I do... I still have to exchange the clothes.) Pass the Excedrin Migraine.
Maybe a giggle will make me feel better.
I just love seeing that there are people out there that make a bigger fool of themselves than I do... or at least no one is capturing it on film and plastering it all over the internet.*looks around for wood to knock on*


5 comments:
Meh...on the headache. Sorry.
Double meh on the pants. That sucks.
I like the Agatha Christie quote. Is that new?
New-ish... it's been there a couple of weeks.
The damn pants are on the passenger seat of my car, where they will glare at me until I go back to Pennys. Bah - My head hurts again.
I started getting Migraines at age 30. You, Rowan, are far tougher than I. I don't open my eyes, except to take my prescription medicine from the Swede's hand. The thought of shopping, let alone shopping for the kids, would make me vomit (which always make the headache worse).
Good for you tough-guy!
Now that I think of it, the ONLY shopping that gets done over here IS for the children. What happened to me?
Yesterday went to Roger's Gardens and Fashion Island, you remember that place when we were single and without children...right?
Well, watched a woman and a man load a flatbead full of clothing from Macy's into a brand new $200,000 Bentley. I confirmed there is no recession in the beach area codes.
By the way, headed for my brain MRI in a couple of weeks, now worried about the back of my head, so need to go even though I'm not too happy about it.
My thoughts are with you...LYMY!!
It seems that the only shopping that gets done is for the kids and the only medical stuff that gets done is for the kids-and the husband. I have so many things that I need to get into different doctors for, but I can't seems to find the time. Yes, if I were someone else, I would be yelling at me.
Miko- I get migraines that started in college, but not as often as I used to (MathGeek I think you were there for the first one). I have a couple of prescriptions that are good for knocking a migraine down. Downside - I end up feeling kind of hungover and they don't touch a traditional headache. Yesterday I took so much Advil and Tylenol I had the shakes all day.
Unfortunately I also have chronic headaches. If I ignore it, I will have a headache and end of in bed every day. I picture those pathetic women from the 1800's taking to bed with sick headaches, getting addicted to laudanum.
At some point I became allergic to shopping (no that is not a medical diagnosis, just an observation). Going to the mall is a guaranteed headache. Spending to long in Target will do it anymore. I think it has something to do with large groups of people and feeling pressured to get something done.
Rockin - Yeah, I remember Fashion Island, and South Coast. *sigh* I used to love shopping. Don't forget to let me know how your latest head thingy goes.
Sorry, what was a I complaining, uh, talking about? This should have been a whole post.
Post a Comment