Monday, October 13, 2008

Gripe for Monday


Oh wait, I got two! Oh joy it's a good day and only 9am.

1. The husband has mentioned off and on about wanting to read my writing. Not this writing, god forbid. The fiction writing. (unfortunately the life I write about here is not fiction) So I have told him he is welcome to peruse it. It is on the desk top of my laptop that I keep at home. It is not a secret. It is bad and disorganized to an outsider, but its not a secret. No, that is not what he wants. He wants me to send it to him with a "please read." Uh, huh.

So, he knows that Sisk has sent me a piece of his writing recently. I tell the husband that Sisk is taking a class, and sent me a copy of his "assignment." This is a couple of weeks ago. Sorry I can't tell you the exact date. I downloaded the file and deleted the email.

So Tuesday or Wednesday last week, the husband out of the blue says, "You let Sisk read you stuff." Not a question, a statement. "Yes, I sent him about a page and a half. Why?" Blah, blah, blah, He went you his stuff, so you must be exchanging... blah, blah, blah.

Okay - let's put a halt to this. I can tell by his tone that he has managed to get his feelers out of joint. Whatever. A.- I sent it to Sisk just for the hell of it. I already said it was not a secret and the husband was welcome to look at it any time. B. - Sisk was taking a class and sent me his project.

The husband had managed to forget the class/project part of it. I guess in his mind we were trading something behind his back and he was being excluded. (This is a common occurence. He always feels like I am keeping secrets from him. Okay, I have some, but those don't count. I am not having an affair-which somehow he is paranoid about.) So, I clear up that misconception.

Thursday night, I pull up the exact same piece I sent Sisk, clean it up a little. And email it to the husband as an attachment. I tell him, "I sent you an email." The same night but a little later, he looks at the email and asks, "Is this your writing?" I confirm it is.

As of this morning, he HAS NOT BOTHERED TO READ IT. Or if has, he has neglected to say anything about it. Which means he thinks it is worse than I do. I am going with the first option.

#2 - I managed to break my computer at work this morning. Okay, not the computer itself. But the my security for it. Somehow I deleted my password from the university system's network, so I can no longer log on to any part of it. As in can't do any work. Naturally I think, "Yippee! I can go home!" Well, the computer geek was very prompt (damn him!) and after a lot of questions and raised eyebrows or "You did what to it?" and "I have never heard of this, or come across this" he finally came across a solution. He was able to go in a back door and get it to where I could reset the password and log on (double damn him!).

Fine. Just fine.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That is one needy man you've got. He redefines high maintenance.

Sorry. I'll be nice now.

I like your cartoon!

Seriously said...

Please don't feel the need for niceties... It is the only way I know that I am not blowing things completely out of proportion. <3 <3

mathgeek said...

You are totally NOT blowing things out of proportion. Vent away.