Let me preface this by saying I am in a small lull at work. It is the calm before the storm. So I have a bit of time to recover from the last whirlwind and prepare for the next hurricane (is anyone ever prepared for a hurricane? that's how I feel.) So lest you think I am a big 'ol flake who does nothing but play on the computer. I am currently working on a mental holiday which I have earned.However, I am so easily distracted it is scary. If I am working on ANYTHING, I have shut my office door, because I can't tune out what is happening in the rest of the office. Even better I turn on music to drown them out.
Luckily my office mates are used to it, and do not take offense. My office assistant knows that she is welcome to barge in anytime. The door is not to keep them out, but me in.
Double however - One of my fellow employees from another department has the same taste in books and movies as I do. (This is all her fault, you will see.) She has been torturing me for 2 days now with links to things about the upcoming Twilight movie. (Uh, don't know what the hell I am talking about, look to the right. Twilight has taken over my sidebar.)
We have been dissecting the casting and suggestions for casting and videos from other people with their casting and interviews with the current cast and oogling pictures of cute boys/men that we have somehow linked to all of this.
BTW - Henry Cavill is seriously hot...I keep trying to tell her "back to work", but then she sends me something else that I then have to look at and respond too... sigh... When I got the link to a picture of a seriously attractive and well-built man dressed in nothing but a flag, I had to call her off and asked if she thought that we could be fired for this. She agreed that that was probably too far.
On another distracting but somewhat related note - A higher up at my work, seriously higher up, sent out an email today to everyone, and I mean everyone, that not all employees had completed their Sexual Harassment training (which was online and consisted of 15 pages of reading and 20 multiple choice questions. Like anyone actually read the damn thing.) Okay, not a problem so far. A little reminder that it needs to be done. This year. Please.
So here's the problem. Included in her email reminder, she attached a spreadsheet listing everyone's name, employee number, whether or not they had completed the quiz and whether they had passed it or not. Oh. My. God. I had to mop up the diet coke I spit all over my monitor. Then I started to laugh, because I could just hear the outrage ripple across out building. She sent the email at 9:47 am. She recalled it at 10:08am. Nice try.
*Note - She has now resent the email at 10:17am. She removed the employee IDs. I think I may have to go home now. Between my coworker and this, I am toast.


2 comments:
Wow. And when re-sent, are you saying the name, whether taken, and whether passed were still on the spreadsheet? Did she think her only blunder was to include employee ID's?
Yep.
Post a Comment