Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Decisions, decisions

So I went shopping this weekend to try to find something to wear to see "Wicked" in Chicago. I have no idea what the appropriate wear for this is. I bought 4 dresses and got it down to two. Naturally they are completely different. I would have really preferred fitted black pants with a funky top, but didn't see anything like that. Or a fitted above the knee black skirt with boots... but couldn't find anything like that either.

So these are the two on the plate for now.



The fabric is actually tie-dye looking. I am keeping it either way. I like it.



This one is not photographing well at all. It is a cross over front and is fitted around the rib cage (and actually makes me look quite busty). I am keeping this one too. It is a good basic dress.

But, naturally neither one feels quite right for this.

These are a little more what I had in mind.



I am trying too hard aren't I?

Shit. Guys have it so easy. Gee, what tie should I wear?

5 comments:

siskbert said...

HEY! You trying 33x36 pants, missy! Sheesh. :)

And I like all of them. Just remember if you go sleeveless you'll need a jaunty little sweater top to go with it. ;)
-j.

mathgeek said...

No you're not trying to hard, it's fun to get dressed up, it's fun to buy new clothes, it's fun to pamper yourself a little! Go for it! I really like all 3 dresses I saw.

Leslie said...

Any of them work. The first one totally looks like you. You're right that the second is perfect for a million different things.

The last one you could find in a Forever XII if they have that in Columbia. TONS of dresses in there like that. And that place is totally affordable.

I've decided on black slacks and a royal blue top, jangley silver jewelry and silver shoes!

Seriously said...

I am sure I will change my mind a hundred times in the next 36 hours, plus I have to go return one of them tomorrow after work. You never know what could jump out at me. And if we are shopping on Saturday...

Carp, I will just bring all of them. Order me the jumbo size suitcase.

siskbert said...

THERE YOU GO! Now we're cookin' with gas.