Friday, September 19, 2008

Two items for Friday

That have totally nothing to do with each other...

1. Anyone that knows me, know that I HATE to talk on the phone, for many irrational reasons that I cannot articulate (so don't even think of asking). However, aggravating the whole issue, is the frickin' ringing in my ears. I can't hear very well on the phone, so I am always saying, "What?" like an idiot.

My office phone broke. It is some stupid high tech thing that is hooked to my computer. It doesn't work. The display just says "connecting..." I haven't called anyone yet to fix it and I have no intention of doing so.

2. I paid $23.16 for a book today. I was looking through my books last night and realized that one of my favorites was missing. I probably loaned it to someone and never got it back. Regardless, I don't have it, and there is a space in my heart, uh, bookshelf where that book should be. Since it is one of my favorites, I must have it in hardback. But, I never pay full price for books, so $23.16 was a little startling. But, going without, or continuing to look for a better price just wasn't going to happen.

Between not having to pay for shipping, tax, or the gas it would take to actually drive to a store, I am sure that I am still saving money. Right? Right. I swear I can justify anything. Give me enough time, I can justify typing this instead of working.

I have to take my daughter to a birthday party tomorrow. I really need to figure out a way to get MJ to do this. Somehow, birthdays have become a mommy job. She was supposed to go to one when I was in Chicago. Yeah, that didn't happen.

Can't think of anything else to procrastinate on. so I will leave you with the following funny, and have a good weekend:


Okay, one more:

Now I am done. MWAH!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I have never once noticed that you say, "What?" On the phone. Even though I know you say you do it, I don't notice.

Leslie said...

Hey, I left you a little something over at my place.

Seriously said...

If I feel like I am saying "What?" so much, I just shut up and hope I can figure it out. So if there ever is an unexplained silence... it's just me trying to catch up. :D