Friday, August 29, 2008

Dumb Question o' the Day


We all know I am politically illiterate. I vote by proxy (means I trust the opinions of people who's opinion I trust). Otherwise it will be the person with the least negative ads. Tell me what YOU are going to do, not what the other one is NOT going to do.

But... was I actually supposed to watch that thingy last night? I saw it while I was flipping through channel trying to figure out if my house was going to blow away in the thunder storm or not. But it was politics, so, blech! I didn't come back to it. MJ who actually cares a bit about politics didn't even say hang on let me see this. Oh yeah, he was outside taking pictures of the lightning.

First I get a phone message from Sisk, "I'm in Denver... (inaudible) mile high stadium...(lots of inaudible) ... Just something for you to think about." Since he's Obama's boy, I figure it had something to do with that.

Then Laggin mentioned "watching the historic Obama speech...", gives me a hint that I have missed something that I should have been paying attention to. Did I mention I hate politics? Don't like it, not interested, YAWN!!!! Just tell who to vote for. Hmmm... I better go make sure I am registered to vote.

Otherwise, things are same ol', same ol'. I am too tired to bitch and complain. Sleep is not being my friend right now. I fall asleep too late and wake up way to early.

Yesterday was MJ's birthday. I let the kids pick out whatever they wanted, within a budget. So they chose what they thought were the greatest gifts ever. Stuffed animals and books. Girl child picked a raccoon and a Charlie and Lola book, and the boy picked a dalmatian and a dinosaur book. I tucked in a kids book called "Just Me and My Dad". Uh, yeah, he was surprised. But it was fun for everyone and he didn't really want anything anyway.

I am going to sleep this weekend and maybe do some writing and enjoy as little labor as possible. Oh, and a shopping expedition to find something to wear to the Theatre! My nice clothes are all work clothes and love an excuse to buy new ones. And shoes. Maybe. And possibly a purse. I hate it when my purse clashes with my clothes. ;)

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm shopping this weekend too. And mani-pedi and HUSKER football!!!!

And yes, dearie, you should have watched. The first black candidate was just nominated for President of the frickin U.S. It's huge. Now we've just gotta get a woman us there. A little vajayjay running things would change everything. :)

Leslie said...

Um..."up" there.

tonkelu said...

YOU MISSED OBAMA'S SPEECH???

I think I'm going to have a stroke now...

Leslie said...

But Tonkelu, the good news is she'll vote for Obama, just because we tell her to.

siskbert said...

YOU ARE REGISTERED RIGHT? YOU CHECKED RIGHT? You know what it would be like to pay for MJ's treatment without insurance right? National healthcare right? You know the state of the education system under the current administration right? You know that 2-4 Supreme Court justices will be picked in the next 2-6 years right? You know that the only reason that your brother or Blacks in this country have any rights to begin with (and then the legislatures caught up) is because of progressive court cases, right? You know that your brother may not ever get to experience the joys of a lifelong partnership and can be kicked out the emergency room as his partner lies dying because the "in-laws" simply disapprove without more progressive adjudication and legislation, right? You know that for the first time in our history, your children could've watched an African-American, a black man, nominated as the presidential candidate for a major American political party and defy all of the last two hundred years of oppressive history, right?
Thought so.

siskbert said...

And you do realize that every vote counts. Every person has a voice. And that Missouri only 1.5 percentage points away from leaning towards an administration that will not be sending your friend's children off to the next unnecessary war in Iran, Syria, Georgia, Poland, Venezuela ...

Seriously said...

Sheesh - don't hold back, it's not healthy; tell me how you really feel.

AND DO ANY OF YOU LISTEN TO ME??? I don't have the energy to become as informed as I should. Cop out? For sure. But that is why I have you people. I trust you.

Yes, I am registered. Yes, I know who to vote for.

Ask me why I hate to bring up politics...

siskbert said...

I was just asking... ;)