Yes, I have issues with things that are permanent. OMG, what if I change my mind, and I cannot undo it. Tattoos are the ultimate…
I do have a tattoo. It is on my back just above my right hipbone. I put it there with the thought that you would only see if when I was in a swimsuit (and when I am neeked, but I wasn’t worried about that at the time). It is not very big or adventuous. It is a blue cresent moon with a shooting star. I liked celestial themes at the time… and tried to pick something that I wouldn’t regret. I don’t regret it but it just meh to me.
Someone once told me that tattoos are addictive. That’s true for a lot, A LOT, of people. The night I got mine I started speculating as to where, what, and the when of the next one. I had no doubt there would be another one. That was 10 years ago. About 6 years ago, my husband gifted me with a tattoo for my birthday. But that day I could not feel good about where and what, so I decided that I should just wait until I knew what I wanted. Basically, I chickened out and never did it.
Well I am ready… I am not completely committed to where and what… but I have ideas (she says rubbing her hands together gleefully). I have 4 locations that I want a tattoo. The top of my right foot, the inside of my left wrist, the nape of my neck (right at the hairline), and back to waist.
I am reluctant about my wrist, simply because I work at a midwest university, and my other job would be teaching at an elementary school… still midwest. Nothing screams respectable to the conservative church-going population like tattoos. Co-workers think I should go for it anyway. I could wear cuff bracelets to work and long sleeves for interviews. Still thinking about this one.
The nape of my neck has always been one of my dream spots. My aesthitician when I was pondering my first had one there. And I just thought it looked so beautiful there. It could only really be seen if my hair were up. Easy to disguise at work… and other “respectable” places.
I love the way spinal tattoos and diagonal hip to shoulder ones look. That is mostly what I played with in SL. That one however will take guts.
That leaves my foot. Easy to cover up, easy to show off, easy for me to admire. Of course I haven’t seen exactly what I want… but this gives you an idea.
It starts with wrapping around my toe, moving to the right (pinky) side, then up around my ankle. And of course I can’t find the right design either. The sunflower is a big NO. Floral yes, vines and scrolling, yes. It has to be delicate, feminine. It is going to be fairly obvious on its own. It doesn’t need to scream, “I’M A TATTOO!!!!” Kind of like this:




Just to show my other contemplations… For my wrist and nape, I think I would like some symbol for courage, strength or serenity. I found these:
This is hope.I like celtic knots, especially trinity knots.

Photobucket is a wonderful thing…
Just in case you are curious… here are a couple of examples I found for back tattoos. But more delicate.


Did I mention I have major problems making decisions? Anyway, I think I will go with the foot design that I described above… my husband still owes me one.
Then we will see how I feel.
Am I scaring you yet?
I probably will just go with something small on top of my foot, like this:


2 comments:
Ah, it's not that I didn't like SL. It's that it was indicative of you being a little less than healthy, deary.
Tatoo away! They are pretty. I really like the foot idea. It seems very you. I have no interest in having a tatoo at all. But that doesn't mean it bugs me when others do. I'm just a weenie in this area.
I'm inrigued by the nape idea. Let us know what you decide!
Post a Comment