Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little Update

The kiddos and I had a chat last night. Told the boy that he was no longer allowed to kiss his sister on the lips. Cheek-fine, top o the head-cool. No more lips. Stated that it was "inappropriate just like pulling his pants down at the playground. You just don't do it now that you are a big boy." Yeah, over-stated, but he got my point. Also told him that if he didn't stop there would be consequences, such as time-outs and loss of privileges. Eyes got big.

Turned to girl-child. Said, "what I told brother goes for you too. No more kisses on the lips for brothers. As a matter of fact no more lip kisses for anyone, except mommy and grandma." Sorry, I love big ol smackers with the babes. I am exempt from all rules. If someone tries to kiss her on the mouth she is to turn her head. Then we practiced.

Nothing else to report. Feeling whiny and sorry for myself... so I won't bore you with that. Oh, I rock at Wii Golf :D, and getting better at Guitar Hero.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Did I ever tell you about Eldest's hugging issues? She would literally run down the hall at school and throw herself at the adults she liked. Full body contact. Nice.

In third grade we had to institute a rule with all teachers and they were trained in how to avoid it. It worked. Although she has friends that she still hugged like crazy.

Well. And then there is Boyfrondo. Sigh.