Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Boy Child


Not as much time to chat today... finishing up my project. Letter went in the mail this morning. I am terrified that I will get 400 phone calls screaming that I screwed up. I told Kelly to have them e-mail me with details, not just that it is fucked up. And I will not take any phone calls. Yeah, I am a coward. But I also need to get some other work done.

So now I am running the reports, and making sure I didn't really screw up.

My question/dilemma of the day...

My son has kissing issues. He likes it. A lot. Big, long kisses. And he likes to lick people. It was just me. He has now added his sister to the list. MJ keeps catching them kissing. I have no idea what this means. I have not witnessed it myself. Apparently he heard the girl-child yell, "No tongue!" That would have freaked me out.

I had a chat with the girl child about whether this is appropriate or not. She is old enough to understand. I told her that if someone kisses her for more than "one-one-thousand" she is to turn her head and tell them to stop.

The boy child on the other hand. Is not quite old enough to understand. He thinks flashing his penis and racing around naked is funny. Luckily I have been able to convince him to confine this to home. I don't know where the kissing thing came from. He does it to me, but it is like a staring contest. I told him last night no more long kisses and that he could only kiss sister on the cheek. Yeah that sunk in. Not so much...

So MJ calls me today and says he caught them again... and that we were going to have to do something. What are we supposed to do? I really thought kissing issues could wait until the teenage years.

I have to present again today-all this week and a few times after that. Then meeting with 4-5 incoming students and their parents every morning. They have just a few questions and I have to figure out a schedule for them in the fall. And I have 4 more weeks of this? I am going to go postal on someone, I just know it.

I told MJ yesterday that I wanted a tattoo for my birthday. "You do huh..." was his response. I reminded him that he owed me one anyway. No response to that. Not sure what any of that means.

I got a half hour on Guitar Hero yesterday. I can do the Pat Benatar song pretty well... on bass. But the Poison song? They have got to be kidding! Most of it is slow and boring, but there is one part that they do 4 times. Serious AARRGGHHHH!

Okay I lied, this ended up long.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Gah. I need Wii time.

Just tell DK that he needs to kiss the neighbor girls, not his sister! Is C uncomfortable with it? Maybe you can tell DK that he needs to tone it down because she wants it toned down?

Have I told you that we found Eldest and a friend's son kissing when they were 6 and 7. (Yes, Eldest was the older woman.) I totally freaked. Remind me to tell you the whole story some day. Hmm. Maybe this is blog fodder.

Anonymous said...

They learn innocent kissing from parents. They learn this is a way of showing love. Then they see mom and dad kissing, welllllllll, I remember my first kiss. Sigh. I was 21.