
I love Audiobooks! Given that I love physical books even more I only tend to get audiobooks that I already have hard copies of, or fluff that I would have no intention of buying. Also, they tend to be expensive, unfortunately.
Last night I was purusing iTunes looking for a new book to download. I am about 1/2 through Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows (yes, again). So I was thinking about what I might want to read again. And I remembered The Witching Hour, featuring the original Rowan. I loved that book and that has always stuck with me. However, I can't really remember it. I have been meaning to re-read it. But with the quantity of books on my nightstand -and dresser- that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Ah ha! Download it, and keep it for my listening pleasure. Brilliant idea as far as I am concerned. I only have one question... Why the hell do they abridge wonderfully written books, and not make an unabridged version available??? Answer me that! I understand that longer books (it rivals any Stephanie Meyer or JK Rowling book), would need to be more expensive. But surely there are more people like me that would pay for it.
Sadly it is not just iTunes. I checked Amazon too, and it let me down. No unabridged version available. Leaves me with a real simple WTF?


3 comments:
I'm still working my way through Pride and Prejudice. I'm at the good part (she's falling for Darcy!) but had to talk to Dad on the way in this morning. Bro told Mom & Dad that SIL filed. Sigh. Much sadness in Whoville. Maybe we can just rename Lincoln, Angstyville.
Blech... reason to be out of the house all day and oops... I forgot my phone.
Luckily, it's Mom's 50th High School Reunion this weekend so she's got a lot else on her mind. Phew-ness.
Post a Comment