My brain is just swimming... and I can't figure out what to focus on first. Ok, work right now, but still can't stop all the thoughts.
1. I am getting tons of ideas for my "story". I have gotten to the point where I take my notebook with me everywhere. Unfortunately every time I take a shower, I get a "great" idea, and it is gone by the time I get to paper. At least the exact way I thought about it. Right now it is a lot of dis-jointed thoughts and sounds like drivel when I reread. I think in pictures and like movie scenes. When I go to write it down it is in dialogue, so the scene description is missing. I plan to go back and "flesh it out" later. I hope that works. I keep revising the plot so that I can get the different scenes to make sense and not just thrown in because I like it. I don't know how real authors actually sit down and write whole chapters one at a time.
2. I finished the third book in the Twilight series. Guess what? I cried. Three different times. I am such a sap. And for being such an anti-romantic, it seems odd that these things get to me. Bad thing about finishing the book (which I hate anytime it is a good book) is I have to wait 9+ days for book 4... for an exact current countdown see -----> The good thing about this, I only have to wait 9 days for the next book. The year(s) between the Potter books used to drive me nuts. Naturally now I am worried that they will not ship it until it is released and I will have to wait 2 extra days. Gees, waiting a few hours for Potter Book 7 was nearly impossible.
3. No idea if I mentioned this or not. Dad had thyroid surgery yesterday. Needed to have it removed. Bad thing about this is that other than dealing with major surgery and possible complications is that he needs to take some kind of medication for the rest of his life. I am not sure what they thyroid actually does. But I like to live in a state of denial, and though I looked all this up, I have managed to forget the details.
And per the denial state, the seriousness of these situations goes right over my head. I asked Mom if I should come down. "If you want to..." Thanks that was helpful. After talking it out at work, Lynn the coworker I love, thought there was no question I should go. Just in case I would want to be there and Mom could use the company. I wasn't sure how Dad felt about it as he is one of those people who doesn't reveal the deep emotions and always puts on a happy front. (Well crap, that sounds familiar. Now I know where I get that from.)
After I told Mom and Dad that I was coming down for the day, they sounded really happy. I was just going to drive myself down, but MJ volunteered to drive me and that he and the kids would just hang out at the house until I was ready to go home.
I was worried that I would not get there before he went in, but we made it with a 1/2 to spare and they let me in the pre-op area until he went into surgery. It was funny when they gave him the medication to make him relax. You could just see his face drain of awareness, I guess is the way to put it. I have never seen him like that. Mom and I had great fun teasing him.
Long story a tad shorter. He is fine. They only removed one thyroid (did you know you had two. I didn't.) It was so swollen (?)that it was pushing on the other one and it looked like the entire thing was, uhhh, bad. Hopefully with part of it still there and functioning, he won't need to take the medication forever.
'Kay so here is the deal breaker. Naturally when he came out of surgery he was still a bit looped. But awake and aware of what was going on. I stayed for about 3 hours. He held my hand for nearly the whole time. This is not a man that shows a lot of physical affection. I get a hug hello and goodbye and that is about it. I think he has kissed me once. Just before he walked me down the aisle at my first wedding. I said, "I love you," a few months ago as We were saying goodbye on the phone. He had no idea how to respond. I think is it was, "yeah" or "me too" or something like that.
So holding my hand for an extended period of time meant a lot... and conveyed a lot more about how he felt than anything he could say.
Yes, I am soooo glad I went down there.
Lunch be over... sorry no spell check... and no kitty picture. Have a lovely day. And I am ecstatic that we got the Chicago trip figured out.
Gone by Lisa McMann
16 years ago


4 comments:
You did good, lil T.
That's a great story about your dad. You need to tell him about it! Or Sisk, you do it.
You're a sap because you cried reading the book? I cried reading your post. Well not sobbing, but my eyes welled up about the hand-holding. Very sweet.
I hate, hate, hate romantic drivel. (Hmmm... I hate it so much on a real level, I make up for it in the imaginary realm. Something to ponder...) But something about teen angst and some type of separation gets me every time.
Post a Comment