So Sunday was my birthday. It sucked. Mom and Dad were here. That was good, it is always good when they are here. The rest of it blew.
I did the dishes, twice. I sorted the laundry. I mediated fights.
Okay, I did get one of these:

and one of these:

from my children (bought by MJ). But does it still count as a thoughtful gift if the pictures have been hanging on the fridge for 2 years with big black sharpie stars all over it? Okay, I am sure it does... grumble, grumble. Yes, I have wanted a wand forever, but I knew it was coming. (He asked about a month ago, "So, if you could choose, which wand would you want?")
Mom got me a goody basket, that was fun and nice. Candles, bonus gift from Clinique, shirt from JJill, a pair of shorts... I know there was a few other things I am forgetting. Seriously I liked it
His gift? Holding my hand while I get my new tattoo. I know what you are thinking... oh cool! what are you bitching about? he took you to get the tattoo you wanted. Well, not so much. Silly me, I thought the same thing. Nope, he didn't make an appointment at the place that I left a note on his desk with the phone number and website. Apparently I have to make my own appointment and get the babysitter and he will give me a ride there.
It is getting a little boring picking out my own birthday and Christmas presents. I understand, I am extremely ungrateful.
Sunday, when I wasn't doing chores, we sat around and stared at each other. After dinner, birthday cake and presents got postponed until he could finish watching the Nova program on fish. Witch sometimes takes on a different meaning. Shame I can't blame it on PMS.
Oh and to top it off, my BROTHER forgot it! (okay just a little jib Sisk, like I haven't forgotten a birthday.)
Big dramatic sigh.


5 comments:
Um, brother didn't REALLY forget it. He's organizing our REALLY fun trip!
And I need to see pics of the new tatoo!
I hate birthdays like that. Next year, blow 'em all off and take yourself to the spa for the day. Walk around naked, sit in the sauna, get a massage. If they're not going to treat you like a princess then pay someone else to do it.
Brother was very sad to have forgotten. He was hoping to get a card out then work made him forget. Sigh. So he went got a belated one instead. Sigh again. Back to being about you now. Sigh x3.
Tonks-that sounds like the best idea I have heard in a long time!
Sisk - the card you sent made me laugh. Mission accomplished!
Post a Comment