Friday, July 18, 2008

Breaking Dawn


I am not sure why I find this funny since I am so excited for the release myself... The University Bookstore is having a Midnight Release event for Breaking Dawn (that would be Book 4 of the Twilight series for those of you not in the know).


I went down to the University Bookstore today, which happens to be in the same building as the food court to find lunch and a new notebook. Negative on both accounts. The food selection sucks; Pizza Hut, Chick-Fil-A, or sushi. I have been feeling blechy about fast food lately (I know! ME???). I don't know what I thought I would find there but that was not it.



Also no go on the notebook. I don't think that I am that picky on notebooks. It didn't have to be a specific brand or color or anything. Just a certain size with as many pages as possible. They did not have any 6x9 notebooks, of any color, brand, or page content. Oh. My. Gawd!! I guess the students don't use them. I couldn't find them at Target this week either. I didn't think that they were a rare item. The one I have right now, I got at the grocery store.



Oh, HOWEVER, at the bookstore they had huge displays of the Twilight Books, with "The Wait is Over" tags, bookmarks, and signs. Umm, 'scuse me there are still 2 weeks until it is released. I know via my cool new widget ----> :D Mine is ordered through Amazon (DUH! Right?) so I don't have to attend midnight release parties or take the chance that this really is a serious phenomena a la Harry Potter and they sell out everywhere.

So my current chore - Head to the grocery store to buy more notebooks, and finish reading The Witching Hour (it's Ann Rice and her books take FOREVER to read), so I can start Eclipse (Twilight Series, book 3) because I have been saving it. Yeppers, I am weird like that.

4 comments:

siskbert said...

I hated The Witching Hour. I slogged through it for two weeks only to find out the ending. Ugh. Which means, you'll love it. :) Hee-hee. Well, having different literary sensibilities helps the booksellers at least.

Seriously said...

This is my second or third go-around on The Witching Hour, it has been long enough for me to forget most of it. Whenever I get through the rest of my reading list (hah!) I will have to read the other 2 from the trilogy.

siskbert said...

I think we should take your Amazon-branded Visa away! :)

Seriously said...

GASP!!! I don't think so!

Even MJ doesn't give me shit about my book habit.