Friday, July 11, 2008

Research-ish stuff


I am actually trying to plot out a story, and I would like some feed back pretty please... Genre is Young Adult, Fantasy (duh, like I would do anything else)

Books that you enjoy -
Style
a. love Story
b. action
c. other

Development
a. Angst and Struggle
b. simple evolution of story
c. other

More plot
a. Good vs evil
b. just events
c. other

Endings
a. Everybody survives,
b. main characters survive, or
c. just don't kill dogs or children
d. other

Follow up to above
a. happy endings (and everyone lives happily ever after)
b. ending may not be happy for everyone
c. other

POV
a. 1st person
b. 3rd person
c. told from multiple characters (ie. he said / she said)
d. other

Follow up to above:
If third person
a. inside only one characters head, or
b. omniscient
c. other


Any answer that applies. For gawd's sake if you pick other, please give me an example. I am sure I will have more questions later. Thank you, oh so much appreciated. Love you!

2 comments:

siskbert said...

Books that you enjoy -
Style
a. love Story
b. action
D. ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Development
a. Angst and Struggle
(WITH EVOLUTION)

More plot
a. Good vs evil


Endings
E. TAKE PEOPLE BY SURPRISE.

Follow up to above
b. ending may not be happy for everyone


POV
E. DEPENDS ON THE STORY. IT HAS TO CRAFT THAT ANSWER

Follow up to above:
If third person
D. JUST DON'T GIVE TOO MUCH AWAY. EMOTIONAL OR PLOT-WISE.

Leslie said...

Books that you enjoy -
Style
a. love Story
b. action
c. other
I just love books.

Development
a. Angst and Struggle
b. simple evolution of story
c. other
Yes!?

More plot
a. Good vs evil
b. just events
c. other
I'm more of a b. person. But I read other stuff too.

Endings
a. Everybody survives,
b. main characters survive, or
c. just don't kill dogs or children
d. other
If you are doing Young Adult reader stuff, I go with b. but J.K. did c. and it worked. Well!

Follow up to above
a. happy endings (and everyone lives happily ever after)
b. ending may not be happy for everyone
c. other
B. It's realistic.

POV
a. 1st person
b. 3rd person
c. told from multiple characters (ie. he said / she said)
d. other
Do you know that I never notice?

Follow up to above:
If third person
a. inside only one characters head, or
b. omniscient
c. other
Huh?