and I can go home in 15 minutes. It takes me more time than that to compose a thought for my story, so instead I will offer a little story of the girl-child.
I didn't know what precocious meant until she started talking.
Currently she LOVES to draw. She has a notebook that she draws in. She is good enough that I recognize what she is drawing and who the people are (still stick figures, but whatever). MJ digs through my teacher stuff and finds a couple "How to draw..." books. Simple stuff about making animals out of circles, but there are about 10 of them. He brings them up to the girl and asks if she would like them. "No thank you daddy, I am already pretty good." I kid you not!
Today I call home to see what they are up to. I expect a report of went to the pool or played on the Wii or something. They went to the park. Not an unusual thing. Except the girl asked to go somewhere with "nature". So they went to a park with plants as opposed to a playground. She took her notebook and did drawings of what she saw there.
She is six.
She is supposed to take a week long dance class in a few weeks. I can't wait until she takes over and tries to teach the instructor how to dance.
Gone by Lisa McMann
16 years ago


2 comments:
Me loves her. Give her a hug for me (and give mini-MJ a hug from Younger!) Ha. We'll just tease along his crush.
He still talks about Kansas City and big Caitlin. Him's so cute, you just want to pinch his checks. Well except when his throwing his twice-daily hissy-fit, but that is another story...
Post a Comment