Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Every Day is Exactly the Same

Song lyrics speaking to me again. But I had to go and ruin them so the fit better...


"Every Day Is Exactly The Same"

I believe I can see the future
Cause I repeat the same routine
I think I used to have a purpose
But then again
That might have been a dream
I think I used to have a voice
Now I never make a sound
I just do what I've been told
I really don't want them to come around

Oh, no

Every day is exactly the same
Every day is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is only pain
Every day is exactly the same

I can feel their eyes are watching
In case I lose myself again
Sometimes I think I'm happy here
Sometimes, yet I still pretend
I can't remember how this got started
But I can tell you exactly how it will end

I'm writing on a little piece of paper
I'm hoping someday you might find
Well I'll hide it behind something
They won't look behind
I'm still inside here
A little bit comes bleeding through
I wish this could have been any other way
But I just don't know, I don't know what else I can do



Ummm... Yeah that's me. I only changed one word.
This line "There is no love here and there is only pain" actually is 'no' pain. Some days I am numb, most days I am not.
For the original lyrics go here. It's Nine Inch Nails.

Good news is that has actually been a relatively pain free week. Something must be working right. :) Will try to update soon.

3 comments:

Dibs said...

I'm glad it has been a pain-free week. Has it been a good/OK week?

Leslie said...

Music is wonderful. I think you need to come to the Jack's Mannequin/The Fray concert with me in July. :)

Seriously said...

It has been un-angst-ful. And I will take that.

Funny thing about this song. When he sings "purpose", I hear "porpoise" everytime. No matter how angsty the rest of the song is, that cracks me up everytime.

"I think I used to have a porpoise"
My brain is funny that way...