
This was me. Yeah, I look like I am about to pop. I am. But why am I smiling you ask. Because I had just finished painting my toenails baby blue and I was headed of for a scheduled c-section. I was not in labor or facing the issues I had with my daughter's birth. My hips have no give. So even at 10 cm, the bones don't open up enough to let a baby through. Epidurals also do not work for me. We didn't know these things before I attempted for 34 hours to birth my first child. That is why I am smiling.

And this is why I still smile. I love this boy more than I thought was possible to love another human being.
Geez he is a pain in the putt. Stubborn, temper, selective hearing.
And gives the best hugs, kisses and snuggles of anyone.
Happy Birthday Baby Boy!


6 comments:
Happy Birthing Day to you and Happy Birthday to your sweet boy! I hope today is very special! Take some time out and sit on the couch and hold him like you did six years ago and take in how much he's grown...it's magical!
That's the reason to smile at a lot of things. :) Give him my love, lil T.
What is it with moms and boys? I never got it until I had a boy of my own. They are just the best! Happy birthday, little -- sorry -- big guy.
Because they are the innocent representatives of the dorks we end up marrying. Well, if I lived in Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut ... ;)
Smooch him one for me. And one from Younger! tee hee.
Lord, you were HUGE! Which is funny becaue you're a little person.
It doesn't help that I was so skinny with him (super low sodium diet) He was, however, on my shit list this am. Oh well, there is always later. Give Eldest a Happy 16th for me if she is feeling receptive.
Post a Comment