Monday, March 10, 2008

So this weekend!

Because I do not have enough drama in my life...

A week and a half ago, my washing machine decided it didn't want to agitate (how ever you spell it) any more. Spins fine, apparently just doesn't like the little backwards jog. And I am sure it had nothing to do with the braided cotton runner that I told my mom would be fine to wash and caused her major guilt because the machine broke while she was doing laundry for me while I was sick... BIG DEEP BREATH.

Anyway. The builder bought the washer, so I do not have a proof of purchase and I don't think I can enforce the warranty. So I tell MJ to just call a repairman and get it fixed. Repairman comes out, looks at the machine, asks to see the book that came with it, and announces that it is under warranty, he can't fix it, that will be $60 please. WTF??? MJ is so stunned that he paid the man and he left. Did he offer to fix it and charge us? No. Did MJ ask him to fix it and charge us? No.

So the next day MJ calls the warranty center and they send someone out a few days later. (Thank god my mom had done all the laundry before the rug.) Ah yes, it the tranmission. WHAT?? Why is there a transmission in my washing machine? Stupid, flippin...!! Fine. Whatever. Of course, we do not have the part in stock. We shall have to order it. I will come back in 10 (FREAKIN!!!) days.

Fine. What-Ever. and what does this have to do with this weekend? Yesterday I go to go to the laundrymat. Haven't been to one of those in 10 years. I had to get out the yellow pages cuz I had no clue as to where one would be. It was fine. It was clean. It was empty. It cost 1.25 a load. Took them home to dry though, the dryer works fine.

BUT... this was not the most fun part of my weekend.

Saturday night, I go downstairs to check on my cat before I go to bed. The carpet is soggy. Mushy. Like stepping on a wet sponge. EEEWWWWWW!!!!

Water heater. Fricking, frackin stupid washing machine isn't fixed yet, and the flippin, flappin retarded water heater takes a crap!

11:00 at night and we are soaking up water with every towel in the house, sucking up water with my little green clean machine, ripping up carpet, tearing out ruined padding. The water also went into the closet on the other side of the wall and soaked into the 3 cardboard boxes of books on the floor.. Oh Joy!!!

It is Monday lunchtime and the Lowes man is at the house to install the new water heater. Do NOT ask me why MJ didn't call a plumber to make sure we needed a new water heater. This afternoon the happy Maytag repairman is supposed to come install the transmission in my washing machine.

I can't wait to see how much all this costs me. Sometimes I hate being a home owner. Just for fun I think I will call my insurance guy so I can get my books replaced, buy new carpet padding and get my carpet reinstalled. And then see how much they jack up my rates.

On a positive note... had to search for one... Friday and Saturday night I fell asleep without the use of prescription medication for the first time since mid-January! Yippee-Skippee for me!!! (of course last night, the time change totally messed me up and at 2:30 I gave in.)