Dad sent me this picture today of their dock (where I said that the shorline had come in 100 feet). Don't know how well this will show up. You may have to click on it to make it bigger. If you look in the center going across and about a third of the way down, through the trees in the water, you can see the walkway that should connect the boat dock to the shore. It hasn't moved. The water has. The boat dock has just gone up as the water has risen.
The normal lake level is 915 feet above sea level. Right now it is 928 feet above sea level (gee that is 13 feet, just like dad said). Every hour it goes down 2/100th - 3/100th on a inch. Can you tell I am fascinated by this? I have a sick interest in natural disasters and some not-so natural ones. I can't find out how much water they are releasing. But they can't release too much too fast because it is part of the White River that goes into Arkansas. That is the area we have been hearing about on the news.
K, enough babbling for now


No comments:
Post a Comment