Friday, January 2, 2009

Best of You

from "Best Of You"

I've got another confession to make
I'm your fool
Everyone's got their chains to break
Holdin' you

Were you born to resist or be abused?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?

Are you gone and onto someone new?
I needed somewhere to hang my head
Without your noose
You gave me something that I didn't have
But had no use
I was too weak to give in
Too strong to lose
My heart is under arrest again
But I break loose
My head is giving me life or death
But I can't choose
I swear I'll never give in
I refuse

Has someone taken your faith?
Its real, the pain you feel
The life, the love you'd die to heal
The hope that starts the broken hearts
You trust, you must
Confess

I've got another confession my friend
I'm no fool
I'm getting tired of starting again
Somewhere new

Were you born to resist or be abused?
I swear I'll never give in
I refuse

-Foo Fighters

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Ok and now my feed is not feeding, dangit.

And...um...WHAT the heck is this about? Point me in the right direction before I start going all "assumptions" on you.

Seriously said...

Last week was a bad week. I wrote a really ugly post, full of drama and angst, and blah, blah, blah. I also had my iPod playing in my office. This song came on and I started bawling.

Realizing that there was a slight chance that I was in the midst of a raging case of PMS I left the post in draft form. No need to freak everyone out if I was going to feel less dramatic the next day.

It is still there.