Thursday, January 22, 2009

*rattle, rattle* I hear something in there... *UPDATED


I went back to my ear doctor today to go over all my test results. There is "nothing wrong with my hearing that you would expect of a woman my age."

Bite me.

I didn't say it outloud.

As for the MRI... contrary to popular belief, I do have a brain in there, and that's all. The blood test people forgot to run the food allergy part of the blood tests, so I got to listen to the doctor yell at the lab on the phone, and that he wasn't going to use that lab any more... interesting it was. But the results that he did get were all fine. My cholesterol levels are good, thank you very much.

The good news is, as far as he can tell there are no diseases or conditions causing my ear problems - the bad new is, they have no idea why my ears ring so frickin' loud that I can't hear things at a regular volume!! Then he sent me to the university blood draw center, to have the rest of my blood tests done. Yay! That was fun.

Teaches me to joke as I am leaving for the doctors to say, "I am off to the doctor's so he can tell me that there is nothing wrong with me, to quit my whining and go back to work."

......
My girl child turned 7 yesterday and I am feeling very bleh! about it. And don't you dare tell me how much older your children are then mine, because this is my whine and I want to wallow in it. So there!

For her birthday, I made my very own "cake wreck" for her. So I light the candles, take a deep breath to start singing... and she blew out the candles. BEFORE we sang Happy Birthday. Just Light. Blow. Dork.




I guess it tasted better than it looked... Boy licked to bleeping plate clean. Dork.


God, I love them.

4 comments:

mathgeek said...

Mmm, blue cake. I've made my fair share of those. The brighter the color, the better it tastes, right?

Leslie said...

OMG. Your daughter is 7? You are friggin' ancient!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard a doctor actually get on the phone in front of a patient and let a lab know they will never use them again, that had to be a moment. I hope they can find out what's going on! Did they leave any blood?
7 years old??? I was there when you were attempting to push her out (blankety blank blank nurse), remember I was on the productive end...LOL! So, thanks...now I feel old! Ya, thanks a lot for that!

Anonymous said...

YAY KIDS!