What, do we not have enough fingers and toes to add it all up? How embarrassing. Good thing I didn't hold my breath waiting for this one.
Shiny Happy Fits of Rage
"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."-Agatha Christie
5 comments:
Fine damn job I did of voter protection.
I double that ugh.
No, no, no. You did a great job. It simply has to do with the fact that there are absentee and provisional ballots that need to be counted. Standard procedure. It's okay. Breathe. Then next week, start screaming at people. :)
Well at least you still have St. Louis...wait...is that a good thing?
Laggin- you protected those votes so damn well, no one can get at them to count them.
Sisk-Absentee/Provisional, my ass. I don't see other states with their calculators trying to figure out what number comes next. We even had the damn scan-tron thingys to do it instantly.
Miko- According to CNN KC, St. Louis area and Columbia are red. Jeff City (the capital) and Springfield went heavy McCain. I guess you can't change MO to a red state in one fell swoop. (is that the right cliche?)
That is if the results are accurate and someone ever puts the official okey-dokey on them.
The reason that they cannot call the election is that the number of absentee/provisional/early/etc ballots (along with the margin for error) exceeds the difference between the two candidates totals. So they need to count them next. If the number of outstanding ballots (say 12,000) was less than the difference separating the candidates (say 150,000) they would call it for whoever was ahead. BUT you guys are too close. That's why they also not called the senatorial races in Alaska or Minnesota. The facts that one has a convicted felon running and the other, a convicted comedian, are seemingly irrelevant to the topic.
Post a Comment