Friday, November 14, 2008

Hot Diggity Dog It's Friday!


I crack myself up, you know...

As Anon/Sisk pointed out, the puppies are back. Feel free to visit at you leisure.

(BTW-leisure must be pronounced L-EH-SURE, not L-EE-SURE, short e, not long. It's a much better word that way.)

My co-workers and I are addicted to the Puppy Web-cast. Nothing like some puppy-goodness to soothe the soul. It gives the students something to stare at too. They are most active in the morning. Otherwise they seems to be snoozing and having dreams that make them wiggle and twitch.

------
I have managed to arrange my first playdate. No, seriously! The girl-child is have a friend come over to the house to just play, just the two of them, for multiple hours. I know that sounds like, "so what?" But, in my house that is a big deal. I am so incredibly anti-social. My daughter on the other hand is Miss Personality. The Montessori school they are at is tiny. Only about 15-20 kids kindergarten through 2nd grade. When she started there she had 2 other little girls to play with. One went to public kindergarten 2 years ago, and the other started 1st grade in public this year. She has cried because she misses her friends.

I work with this last friend's dad. He is a professor here, his wife runs a kid's museum in town. (She's a PhD too. I love to surround myself with people more educated than me, so I can feel really intimidated.) Anyway, they also have a son who is a little bit younger than the boy-child. There has been much discussion when we grown-ups see each other about getting together. This week the husband said that if I would arrange a playdate, he would supervise. I thought this was an awesome idea. (Except I had a minor twinge of, "You frickin' coward. You can contact them as easily as I can to arrange this." But since the dad and I work for the same college, it seems to fall to me.)

So I emailed the dad, who forwarded the email to his wife who emailed me who I emailed back and she responded with an affirmative that I then forwarded to the husband-instead of the husband (mine) just calling their house to set up the event he is supervising.

(hang on a sec, while I catch my breath.)

Anyways - the girl child has a play date with a friend at our house tomorrow. Everybody clap. Okay, you can stop now.

I am going to have to take the boy child out with me somewhere. He will be in tears that he can't play with the girls.

------
Note to those who care. The science experiments are resuming. My doctor is changing my medication again. She is very concerned that there is not any "improvement." Yeah, no shit, me too. The next Rx in line does not play well with the current ones. So I have to wean off the old ones before I can start the new one. If I seem like a raving basketcase for a week or two, that will be why. I have very strict instruction to call her immediately if I start to feel "really bad" or if my pulse gets too low.

Okay.

Gawd, how I love this. Good thing is this one will replace the two I currently take. In addition, it targets body pain brought on by stress, depression, blah, blah, blah.

Yes, I KNOW I am supposed to do counseling. I KNOW you all are frustrated with me that I have not done so. It seems like such a ridiculously easy thing. But it is one of those things, that until I am really ready to do it, it won't help. And I am not ready to rip myself into shreds like that. I know I am also supposed to be telling the husband to pull his head out of his ass. But I am not ready to deal with the consequences of that either.

Right now it is one foot in front of the other. As long as I keep moving... I'll get there.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

That'd make him a shithead, right?

Oh, I crack myself up.

But, "no, seriously," I understand a bit of a wait. Just keeping thinking about moving the right direction. K?

Loves you.

Seriously said...

We are both a couple of crack ups :)

miko564 said...

Depression and anti-social behavior, no wonder I like you...

We can never hang-out though, I'm an uneducated buffoon, and I wouldn't fit your intimidation criteria.

I did some therapy in my 20's, and found that I had to go through A LOT of therapists to find one I liked. Especially for those of us with anti-social tendencies, it's critical to find someone you like/respect, otherwise I, at least, spend all my time thinking, 'God, I'm smarter than this idiot. I wouldn't sit at a bar with this guy, why am I listening to him?' Nothing gained there...

Dibs said...

Re: drugs for pain and depression -- I've been on Cymbalta for a couple of years now. Not sure if you're talking about the same one, but it's supposed to do the same thing. One other thing it did to me was to make me sssssooooo tttttiiiirrreeeddd that I actually had to hire sitters to take care of my kids because I could not stay awake. Just FYI. Hope you feel better soon.

Seriously said...

Zactly Miko!

Thanks for the warning PMM, that is it.

Dibs said...

Should have mentioned -- the being tired part went away within a week to 10 days. It works really well, too.