The girl child came to me this morning with one of her beanie baby kittens gingerly held in her hands. It was spread eagle on its back.
"Mommy, brother killed my kitten."
"I guess you will have to use some mommy magic to bring him back to life." I am nothing if not completely sympathetic.
She looks at me completely serious with tears and says, "They may just be toys to you, but they are REAL to me!"
Apparently my sympathy was not coming through. I wonder if I need to start planning the funeral.
We talked about something else for a minute and then I noticed that although the kitten was still on its back she had curled it into a ball.
"Mommy! He's not dead, just sick!"
"I guess then he will just need a little mommy love to make he all better."
Gone by Lisa McMann
16 years ago


2 comments:
Mommy love makes the whole world better!
Yay for you writing here!
Isn't that always the case though? Doesn't change no matter how old you get either. :)
Post a Comment