
whether you want it to or not, no matter what you are doing. Unless of course you are doing something you dread then it creeps by or worse seems to move backwards. But that's not the point.
What is the point?
My baby is 8. She's my oldest, but my two are so close in age (they are 16 months apart. Yes, I did do it on purpose. Yes, I am mentally unstable. What's your point?)... as I was saying... they are so close in age that I consider both of them my babies.
She's tall, she's mature, and she's 8. Eight! EIGHT! How did this happen? Soon she'll be 10 and then a teenager, and I have been listening to all of you, I know the best is coming.
Sigh.
It isn't enough that I have to deal with my emotional ramifications of her getting another year older... we have to have the dreaded birthday party. I suggested a nice bowling party or pottery painting. You know something where you go somewhere, not your home, and someone, not you, sets it up and cleans it up. Somehow we are doing a kids party in my house. I will have 10 under 10s running around my house which is currently a disaster area. The whole house needs to be bulldozed and start over.
By tomorrow afternoon.
Last night her brother got upset because HE hadn't gotten her a present yet. And I forgot all about buying plates and forks and stuff. Yikes! And I have make the cake, which I always manage to fuck up, but am to cheap to pay for a professional one. And I suppose I should have some sort of activity for them to do. And my parents are coming and I have to remember to get clean sheets on their bed.
Do you feel sorry for me yet?
I didn't think so.
Oh, and Uncle Anon, she squeed when she saw your gift.


3 comments:
Oooh you are brave! I've never had a party at my house -- I'm way too chicken.
That said (and I am totally not saying that this is you), Miss America recently had a blast at a party in her friend's trailer that looked like it was going to fall off its blocks at any moment. I'm sure your party will be fun. And I'm sure the cake will be edible, which is all that really matters, right? :) And, she already got a gift she loves from her uncle.
It's all good.
Listen to Dibs, she knows what she's talking about. The kids do NOT notice the details we adults wish were different! You will do great, and don't worry too much about the sheets...mom and dad are there to HELP!
I LOVE IT! I love when they squee. :)
Though not the having 10 under 10 in my house. No. That would not do. Then again, if there were ten, they'd all be bored silly because there's nothing to do in my house and no place to hide. So better that they stayed at your place. Thanks, sis! I appreciate it.
Post a Comment