Geez, I get a tad busy and you and everyone and their brother is freaked out when I don't drop everything and blog pages and pages a day...
And no I do not exaggerate!
This is one of ugly scary freaky times of the year, that I have very little time to even breathe. That post about my student last Friday? Multiply it by 12 and that is what everyday has been like for the last 2 weeks. One more week to go. Some of them aren't quite that intense. Did I mention the mom that called and yelled at me, after she yelled at two other people who were unfortunate enough to answer the phone? The mom of a college student? Yeah, that was fun. She yelled at me for a while, then it went past venting and was no longer productive in the slightest, so I yelled back. It was fun. Yeah.
My kiddos wandered off one day last week. They were playing in the backyard and the boy's brain went through the gate to something that caught his attention. His body followed, the so did the girl. They left the backyard where their daddy expected them to stay. I know, right? What was he thinking? So they got grounded and confined to their rooms for 2 days. The 5 year old boy child was totally thrown. No TV, no games, no movies, no computer? WTH? He rediscovered the joys of play-doh. Yes, Anon, the Play-doh activity center you gave him for Christmas. No, this is not the first time he has played with it since Christmas, but it got a good work out.
I don't remember the weekend. I know the laundry didn't get finished... And I am still working on the taxes. Other than that, dunno.
I have about 20 minutes each evening to dedicate to something outside the normal household chaos.
Monday, I met with my new psychologist. It was all very introductory and superficial and getting to know you. But she seemed nice enough and not weird, so... we will see. She also works with children and had a dollhouse and a chalkboard in her office. I really wanted to play with them.That night as I settle down to begin the new season of Dancing with the Stars.
Monday is Mommy's TV night. Leave me the Fuck alone my darlings!
So them evil kiddos went downstairs to watch TV, and the girl came running back up, "THE CARPET IS WET!" A pipe had clogged, backed-up and overflowed sewage all over the place. The storage room was flooded (The cat was not amused). The storage closet and cedar closet are ruined. Bathroom flooded. Half of my room (craft room/library) was wet and stinky and part of the hallway. BAD SMELL! Bad, bad, bad.I lost about 6 boxes of books, my bookcases, the husband's scuba gear... not sure what else. The carpet is all being replaced and some of the walls. More and more fun!
Tuesday - uh - no clue. The husband has a sore throat and an ear infection. that is all I am going to say.
Wednesday, A friend that I puffy heart very much MWAH! called to tell me she was meeting someone she met online for coffee because she was traveling to that town and the had teenage horror stories to compare. Yes, I made that sound much more "raised eyebrow" than it was. Point being, she is a smart bean and she just thought it was a good idea if someone knew. Told you she was a smarty. Their 1/2 hour coffee stop went hour and a half, so I pestered her every 20 minutes to make sure she was still okay. She probably will never ask me to look out for her again.
Yesterday, I was at the dentist. One crown and two replacement fillings. My tongue and half my mouth were numb for about 5 hours. I was so hungry, but it is kinda hard to eat like that. After all the drugs wore off, it felt like someone had hit me in the cheek bone. Luckily it doesn't hurt too bad today. But the crappy non permanent gritty craggy feel bugs the crap out of me. I don't go back for the permanent crown for a month. I bet you anything I pop it loose before them, because I cannot leave it alone.
Either my allergies are going crazy or I am catching a cold. My allergy medicine better kick in, or I need to just get sick already and get it over with. While at the dentist, I had this rubber drape in my mouth and couldn't breathe through one nostril. I had to keep from freaking out that it would spread to the other side of my nose and I would suffocate.
Thank gawd it is Friday. I need to shut my brain off for a while. And yes, I am planning to go down to the 'Rents house for Dad's birthday, the weekend after.
Love,
Rowan
PS... thanks for checking up on me. Love you too.
PPS - UPDATE... The crown didn't even make it 3 days. Saturday I was worrying the inside edge with my fingernail, and for some stupid reason it started to lift. panicked and pressed and smoothed until it was flat again. Saturday night a piece of it broke off. Doesn't hurt, I have had coffee and ice cream since. But there is this drilled out grooved in the side of my tooth. Feels like the grand canyon. And I can't keep my tongue out of it.
PPPS - Did you know that you tend to chew on the same side of your mouth repeatedly? Think that is a sleeping on your side or is it being like right handed? Guess which side I want to chew on? Yeah. Now I am paranoid that I am going to get something wedged into the Grand Canyon.
PPPPS - So do you think if I explain the Skittles by saying I thought they were like putty and would take up the space that the broken piece of crown vacated, that the dentist will buy it? I can do it with a straight face. Nah, I don't think so either. Shit.


5 comments:
Thank you. I needed that too.
And I am lmao at the dentist story. I would so do that.
I'm going to actually say, "Leave me the fuck alone, my darlings," and see if it works. I like it.
I composed two e-mails to you this week that I did not send, for fear of seeming like a stalker, but I was worried! (Hmm, couldn't have been that gun post a couple of weeks ago could it?) Sorry you had a sucky week. Leave the tooth alone! (one month is an eternity)
When I had braces in 6th grade, I ate a bright green watermelon Now & Later that pulled one of the metal things right off. I had no choice but to show it to my mom, green taffy stuck in it and all. We took it to the orthodontist to see if it could be saved (no it could not). My mother was appalled to learn that the green stuff was not something the ortho had applied, but was in fact the evidence of my transgression. Ooh, she was mad. How was I supposed to know she would have cleaned the green stuff off if she'd known?
You can buy a do-it-yourself crown kit at the drugstore or WalMart. Mr. Tonks used one a few weeks ago and it's still holding. While you're out you could also pick up the Twilight director's notebook to peruse which might occupy you enough to keep your tongue away from your tooth. ;)
Holy shit balls Batman, I haven't had time to read your blog since being in Seattle.
I'm all caught up, I think, sorry for being out of the loop.
Your new very full plate status is scary, if I had a cape and I could fly I'd rescue you!
LYMY more than you know!
Post a Comment