Monday, March 15, 2010

Dilemnas


Decisions, choices...
  1. Stay where I am. Keep this job that makes me miserable but pays pretty well and is stable. I really don't like my job.
  2. Go back to teaching. Have the same schedule as my children and make a decent paycheck. It made me occasionally miserable. Feel a little queasy. Classroom management makes me all stabbity.
  3. Quit my job. Take the summer off and parent my children. OMG, what do you do with them 24/7 ? and then try to find a new job in the fall. My stomach is in knots. I hate change and trying to sell myself and this economy... find a job? am I nuts?
  4. Quit my job. Take the summer off and parent my children. See #3 above but go back to school instead. Yikes!
Should I mention that I have been suffering from serious anxiety attacks for the last couple of months? The very thought of change and/or uncertainty makes me want to go fetal and cry.

4 comments:

Dread Pirate Davi said...

Take a deep breath...relax...aaaaand...

...do what will make you happy in the long run. Don't think of it as change. Think of it as...a vacation!! ...that never ends. =D

terin said...

But that's the problem. What is going to make me happy? I change my mind 5 times a day.

mathgeek said...

Does your job make you miserable every day? Do you think teaching would make you miserable every day? Do you think the change itself, for the sake of change, would cause more of an anxiety situation than the misery of your current job? Too many questions, too many miles between us...we need a girls night!

terin said...

I feel such angst just coming to work. I blew it by not knowing more about this job when I took it. But then I am not sure if I would have been able to know anyway.

Classroom management caused me the most frustration. I actually liked the teaching part.

We definitely need a girls night out!