
So I will just type it...
Mj is looking for jobs - Yay!
in California - Oh...
He has applied for lots of jobs. Crickets chirping overtime. He refuses to teach where we are, the pay is just too low. I asked about KC, and I just got stink eye. Which I interpret as, 'No I haven't. I told you the pay is too low, and I am not gonna.'
The good news is that he is only looking at jobs that pay enough that I wouldn't have to work. Guess he has been listening. Sigh... It is always the people I don't want to leave behind. Really don't want to go farther from Mom and Dad (whose anniversary it is today *waves*) Don't want to be farther from my KC girlies. We haven't gotten together near as much as I would have liked, but farther is not going to help.
Sigh...


8 comments:
I'm glad he is listening. It would be great for you to take the break you need. But California ... doesn't cost of living level out the pay issues? I'm sure it's been thought out, but I still have a hard time believing that!
I've lived both places. So have T and MJ and they BOTH know that the pay won't make up the difference. Really.
I'm shutting up now.
I think you need to level with him. Yes, it's wonderful he's looking for a job, but right now you're not in a place where moving to California would be a good thing. Reiterate that you would prefer staying where you are or moving to KC and ask that he look for jobs there.
Also, I completely agree with mathgeek and Laggin on the cost of living thing.
I don't know, I don't know, I don't know
I come close to quitting my job everyday. It is a struggle to haul my arse out of bed and make the effort to come here.
Oh God I am crying again. Can I tell you how much I miss you guys?
I just want someone to fix this. Arrggh. Bad day, bad day. I don't want to play this game anymore.
Part of what I didn't mention (he said it as a BTW), is that if he goes back to California and teaches for a year, he can get reinstated for his retirement/disability to use when he does his transplant (which I don't believe will ever happen, but then I am not known for realistic expectations). Why does everything have to be so fracking complicated? Is there such a thing as a regular life?
I'm here for you...love you!
Can't come up with any good words here... I'm sorry. This whole situation just sounds like it sucks. I haven't lived in California, but everything I've heard sounds expensive to me.
When you are considering the medical issues, be sure you consider yours too, OK? You are loved and you have to do what's best for you, too. ((hugs))
Awwck. Again... how about he goes, you stay? Temporary like. And if California pays in IOUs will that buy groceries? Having said that, if you go, I WILL fly out and visit your ass.
Post a Comment