” ‘they kill themselves, you mean? does it work? are they happier dead?’’sometimes. mostly, no. it’s like the people who believe they’ll be happy if they go and live somewhere else, but who learn it doesn’t work that way. wherever you go, you take yourself with you.’ ”
- neil gaiman, the graveyard book
I downloaded the book after reading it. I love that. I hear things that I missed the first time.
We've done this before... but funny it is still exactly the same.
"Every Day Is Exactly The Same"
-Nine Inch Nails
I believe I can see the future
Cause I repeat the same routine
I think I used to have a purpose
But then again
That might have been a dream
I think I used to have a voice
Now I never make a sound
I just do what I've been told
I really don't want them to come around
Oh, no
[Chorus:]
Every day is exactly the same
Every day is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is no pain
Every day is exactly the same
I can feel their eyes are watching
In case I lose myself again
Sometimes I think I'm happy here
Sometimes, yet I still pretend
I can't remember how this got started
But I can tell you exactly how it will end
[Chorus]
I'm writing on a little piece of paper
I'm hoping someday you might find
Well I'll hide it behind something
They won't look behind
I'm still inside here
A little bit comes bleeding through
I wish this could have been any other way
But I just don't know, I don't know what else I can do
-Nine Inch Nails
I believe I can see the future
Cause I repeat the same routine
I think I used to have a purpose
But then again
That might have been a dream
I think I used to have a voice
Now I never make a sound
I just do what I've been told
I really don't want them to come around
Oh, no
[Chorus:]
Every day is exactly the same
Every day is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is no pain
Every day is exactly the same
I can feel their eyes are watching
In case I lose myself again
Sometimes I think I'm happy here
Sometimes, yet I still pretend
I can't remember how this got started
But I can tell you exactly how it will end
[Chorus]
I'm writing on a little piece of paper
I'm hoping someday you might find
Well I'll hide it behind something
They won't look behind
I'm still inside here
A little bit comes bleeding through
I wish this could have been any other way
But I just don't know, I don't know what else I can do


3 comments:
I'm worried about you, friend.
Friggeldy frag. Blarg.
We NEED to get together.
The quote from the book is actually a positive response not a negative one, even if it doesn't come across that way...
Post a Comment